PDA

View Full Version : What is this??

crx34
08-08-2007, 01:46 PM
These are my Hibiscus plants. I have not had this problem since having them. They have round, brown spots with a black outer edge. One out of the Seven has round, brown spots with a black/red outer edge. The leaves will eventually turn yellow and fall off.

I have not noticed any bugs on the plant in the last 3-4weeks, other than flys. I have been using an Ortho product, too. The only thing that I just thought of was I added some rocks to the top of the soil, the rocks came out of my indoor pond. Can this(fish poop/algae) have any thing to with the disease? It was about a month+ I added the rocks. :confused2: :thinking:

What do you think?? I am in Zone 5, and no I don't now the Soil Ph. The soil is a mix of a mud soil and sandy soil.

Swimming Jewel
08-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Have you fertilized? :confused:

crx34
08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
not once this year.

crx34
08-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?....................

Scratch that I found something! I was out having a cup of joe, playing frisbee with the dog and noticed the new blooms have been eaten through already. And found this guy having some fun............

Anyone off hand now what he is?

Cowiche Ponder
08-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Check your local nursery and see if they have any ideas :shrug:

That could be an innocent bystander bug... :d:

Joey S
08-10-2007, 03:08 PM
If you still have him put him on a leaf and see what he does. Looks more interested in the pollen...

Swimming Jewel
08-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Whatever...spritz him with an eco-friendly bug killer and then that plant probably needs some gentle fertilizer, at least 1/2 strength, even 1/4 strength would be better.:cool3:

crx34
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Went to my local nursery. And after showing her the leaves and refrencing it in her book of diseases, we think it's Alternaria Blight.
Basically need to keep doing what I am and keep the plant area clean, from leaves.