PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Babies!

snooklynn0616
07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I decided to take a few floaters in the house and put the in a aquarium! The fish have been spawning like mad! The pond has mostly small koi and two shuabunkies! Plus I have the fantail goldfish/wakins, still not sure yet! I have to net them and take close up pictures to post!

Well eggs hatched today! These are the smallest babies I have ever hatched out! I don't think they even go a quarter inch!
I have the one koi female that is about 10" to 12" and another koi "think" male about 6"! The rest I think are way to young to breed!

Any had experience with babies this small? I have raised koi in the past but, babies were never this small at birth!
They look more like the shape of koi than goldfish but, hard to tell they are so small!
Any help, please! Plus Gunner is ready to kill me, I have a big grow out pond filled with babies from a friends pond! I couldn't help myself. I wanted to see who was breeding among my new fish! Just a little scary cause they are so small!

Noahsnana
07-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats on the fry babies

snooklynn0616
07-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Babies everywhere it turns out! The tub I had the floaters in before I put them in the house, full of babies! Potted two lilies and put them in buckets till Gunner can put them in the pond for me! I used water out of the pond to fill, must have been full of eggs! Babies, Babies, Babies!!!! Gunner is going to kill me when he gets home!!!!!!:eek1:

snooklynn0616
07-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Baby update! Gunner built me a holding net to put out in my grow out pond! These guys would have been lunch for the other babies! As they have gotten a little bigger, we have little fantails! OMG they are so cute! We have those fantails in the pond I took the eggs from, that we are not sure may be wakins! Will get pictures when they get a little bigger! I kept a few in the tank inside! They are too cute I had to watch a few grow inside! Definitely a lot look like are Nugget! So koi and fantails! Would be kwel if we got gold fantails! Sorry I love the mutts!