PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spawnning??

Norm Walsh
07-02-2007, 08:31 PM
This weekend I helped a friend remove all the rock from the bottom of his pond and install a complete new filter system. We had to remove his fish and put them in a 300gal rubbermaid stock tank. During the process the temp in the stocktank rose to 80deg. The new water in the pond was to cold to move them back so we left them in the stocktank over night so the temps would equalize, by morning they were within a couple degrees. We then put the fish back in the pond and noticed one fish chasing one of the bigger fish.This has been going on for 2days now.

My question is, would the change in temp cause her to spawn? If so:eek1: what should I do?

vipldy
07-02-2007, 09:49 PM
This weekend I helped a friend remove all the rock from the bottom of his pond and install a complete new filter system. We had to remove his fish and put them in a 300gal rubbermaid stock tank. During the process the temp in the stocktank rose to 80deg. The new water in the pond was to cold to move them back so we left them in the stocktank over night so the temps would equalize, by morning they were within a couple degrees. We then put the fish back in the pond and noticed one fish chasing one of the bigger fish.This has been going on for 2days now.

My question is, would the change in temp cause her to spawn? If so:eek1: what should I do?

Temp. change can cause a spawn for sure..What can you do,watch and pray for the best!

Marie

Joey S
07-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Yep. :D:

PapaBear
07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Sounds pretty familiar...
You'll know they did if you happen to miss the action. The pond will be a foamy trainwreck when they get done with it...

bigtylor
07-03-2007, 03:02 PM
And it will be cloudy and smelly! ICK :eek:

Norm Walsh
07-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Well it happened Wed. morning, my friend called to tell me the pond was full of foam.:eek1:

I netted a bunch of eggs off the bottom and put them in my HT, now what:confused:

bigtylor
07-07-2007, 10:08 AM
watch and wait. :D:

Norm Walsh
07-08-2007, 02:17 PM
How long should it take for the eggs to hatch? I've read you need to use a fungicide on the eggs? Proform C claims to work on fungus, would it work on the eggs?:confused:

bigtylor
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I didn't use anything. Some of my eggs turned white and fuzzy-those were the bad ones. The ones that stayed clear/transparent hatched within a couple days of the spawn. Do a search on spawning, there are some great threads in the amature spawing forum. :)