PDA

View Full Version : Lily pics oct 23

gander
10-24-2004, 07:44 AM
It is hard to believe how much my tropicals are still blooming. I know as long as I am able I will not do with out tropicals again. There are so many buds still coming up on my trops that I am not sure what I will do when I have to take them in. It is going to be hard making these die down so I can make them go dormant. Hope you enjoy. By the way I did not get to tear out my impatients last week after all.

SouthernStarr
10-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Gary - gorgeous pics as usual :) :) I have set up a preform pond for a lily pond, and do hope to get some tropicals in the spring. Your pics have convinced me that I need tropicals :D :D :D I can't believe all the blooms you still have :) :) :)

Mommajoan
10-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Gary, with all the bad news out of Japan....it sure is nice to see something that makes you smile!!!!
Thanks for the pics.!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sunshine kathy
10-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Lookin good there Gary! I am gonna hate it when mine slow down. I love looking out the window to see who is greeting me each day.

Sarge
10-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Very VERY nice Gary :D:D

pandora
10-25-2004, 02:13 AM
Gorgeous pics Gary!!!!! I want a tropical!!!!!!!!!

Cowiche Ponder
10-25-2004, 02:18 AM
I think I will have to try a tropical next year as well.

We had our first frost last night and the plants outside don't look very happy. Dahlia's are real sad looking after that first frost. Hate to think what all the tomatos and eggplants out in the field look like :eek: :rolleyes: It is about that time. The hardy lillies will go in a wading pool in the greenhouse. Thinking more and more of trying a frame in the greenhouse, maybe even a Bickal special on the wading pool, maybe something smaller than full size, and also one for the stock tank. Thinking it may help to keep the temps more uniform when it gets colder? Wraping them with insulation will be tried, maybe even a sheet of foam underneath, but I think that would just get squished flat under the weight?

Winter is coming I'm afraid... but spring is after that!!

Mary