PDA

View Full Version : methylene blue

GloriaL
05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I can't seem to find the recommended dose of methylene blue to use for fry. All the posts I look up say use the recommended dose or 1/2 the dose. So can anybody give me the dose

GloriaL
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
anybody know the answer?

vipldy
05-13-2007, 09:08 PM
anybody know the answer?

Methylenene Blue provides a level of 3ppm or 3mg/l of Methylenene Blue in aquarium water when used at the recommended dose rate.Use for treatment and control of:- Superficial fungal infections of fish. Prevention of fungal infections on fish eggs. White Spot Disease (Ichthyophthirius multifiliis).

Use 5ml per 20 litres of aquarium water. Repeat treatment after 3 days if necessary.

Marie

GloriaL
05-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks Marie! When do you add the methylene blue to the eggs?

vipldy
05-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks Marie! When do you add the methylene blue to the eggs?

Do you have the powder?

Marie

EDIT: Remove before hatching is expected as methylene blue may harm fry..

GloriaL
05-13-2007, 09:37 PM
No, I don't have anything. I can get the liquid from the hospital. I pulled a wad of quilt batting out of the skimmer and put it in a 100 gal stock tank which I half filled with pond water. So I have quite a lot of water. I don't have an aquarium.

NaturesCall
05-13-2007, 09:55 PM
EDIT: Remove before hatching is expected as methylene blue may harm fry..

How marie? I thought fry hatched within a couple of days? Are you talking about water changes?

vipldy
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
How marie? I thought fry hatched within a couple of days? Are you talking about water changes?

It is only used at the VERY beginning when you first get the eggs..Only for a day or so..It will harm the fry..Before they hatch..

Marie