PDA

View Full Version : 2 Xciting Not 2 Share ~~ March 2007 Grow Out

BusDaBluz
05-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Hi,
My kois spawned march 29th and kept on going for a whole week. I was excited the first few days, but then the smell and quality of the pond got nasty. So, been very busy with setting up temp homes for the sick and injured and grow out pond for the fry. Millions of eggs collected and to watch them hatch and grow, well, I can't express my feeling and it's something you need to experience to understand. Watching them develope patterns is incredible and I just have to share them with yall. This is my first time and I didn't think I could pull it off, but with lots of reading on Koiphen, it all looking good! So, thanks Koiphen! YAll are the best! :bow:

Key players are-
Males: Shusui, Asagi, Doitsu Sanke, Sanke, Ogon, Showa, kujaku
Females: Ogon, Asagi, Sanke, Gin Matsuba

The fries shown is just a pinch of what's brewing and these will be the subjects of my grow out blog.

Here's a link to my online photo album. It's much easier to put the photos in an online album then to put them on Koiphen :-( For some reason, koiphen is not allowing me to post pics and my internet connection stops after a few minutes or trying to upload.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/RyPmAnGoO/

Enjoy!

DJ

vic
05-07-2007, 07:33 AM
That was so cool..thanks for sharing

Lari
05-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Nice. Thanks for sharing the photos!

FishOCD
05-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Very interesting! I always wondered how fast they grow. (I have only had tiny zebra danios spawn -- and it takes them at least 45 days to get to the size of your 2 day old koi.)

Photos: your photos are either the wrong size (keep either way to <900 pixels) or too large a file size (the size escapes me but I try to keep that too to <900kb although I think the size allowed is larger than that). If the pic is the wrong size it just never loads -- you won't see a notice that says "wrong size" unfortunately.

BusDaBluz
05-08-2007, 02:07 AM
If the pic is the wrong size it just never loads -- you won't see a notice that says "wrong size" unfortunately.

And by that time, you've already spent 30 min trying upload several pics. :rolleyes:

I'll try to do an update every 2 weeks, so save the link to my photo album if you wanna track the next Grand Champion.

Thanks again,
DJ

stephen
05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Excellent thread DJ:yahoo: PM JPennington concerning your uploading problem and he will correct it for you. Keep this thread going, it is great. I have some fry just a few days old and plan on doing the same:punk1:

BusDaBluz
05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Excellent thread DJ:yahoo: PM JPennington concerning your uploading problem and he will correct it for you. Keep this thread going, it is great. I have some fry just a few days old and plan on doing the same:punk1:

That's cool! This is my first time doing this, so I'll definitely follow your thread and hopefully pick up a few pointers. I'm now feeding them TetraCichlid Jumbo sticks. I found that this particular stick crushes into just the right size from powder to tiny granules for all the different size fry I've got in the tank. the feed also sinks, so the bottom feeders get fed. It's high in protein and the ingredients include krill and shrimp meal. :punk1: Good stuff or do you recommend something else?

Thanks,
DJ

stephen
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
This is my first time as well:cool3: http://www.koitv.net/ktv_v1.htm cams 1 & 2

Carl
05-08-2007, 09:25 AM
This is my first time as well:cool3: http://www.koitv.net/ktv_v1.htm (http://www.koitv.net/ktv_v1.htmc) cams 1 & 2

Sure it is. :rolleyes:

stephen
05-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Sure it is. :rolleyes:

I mean where I separated the fry and mated with decent males, etc.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just went and fed them. There is some type of large flying insect:yell: :yell: that is snatching them up.

Carl
05-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I mean where I separated the fry and mated with decent males, etc.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sure it is. :D: :D: :D:

stephen
05-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Sure it is. :D: :D: :D:

Don't you have a job or some work to do bro:confused:

Carl
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Don't you have a job or some work to do bro:confused:

:yes:

Carl
05-08-2007, 09:56 AM

I just went and fed them. There is some type of large flying insect:yell: :yell: that is snatching them up.

Can you net the tank?

Charles Pearson
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Great images from both you guys! One day I'll show some images of my Females going nuts eating up all their eggs. :punk1:

Jeannie
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Great threads, just great. Stephen, are you going to auction some of your babies on Koiphen? :-) Can't wait to watch the progress. Jeannie

stephen
05-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Great threads, just great. Stephen, are you going to auction some of your babies on Koiphen? :-) Can't wait to watch the progress. Jeannie

I thought once We become a Non Profit Org:yahoo: I may donate some to the Org which then could do as they see fit:cool3: Not really sure yet. http://www.koitv.net/quad_cam.htm