PDA

View Full Version : Chagoi group purchase / Growout competition details and pictures

Ryan S.
02-05-2007, 02:59 PM
See original thread also:
http://koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43957

Most details have been worked out :clap: . We need to move quick on funds as fish are coming soon.

Price is now $90 per fish

Need money in by Feb 20th

Koi: Marusei Chagoi will be 8 months old (June 06 spawn) and already 8-11". Female oyagoi (parent) is 90cm+. Will be KHV tested and heated qt.

Shipping: $100 Fedex (max 10 fish per box) ~$85 Airport (max 15 fish per box, $300 min order chagoi or other fish from genki)

Payment: Checks, Money Orders, or Cashier's checks, please PM me for my address ($90 each). Paypal (paypal@koiphen.com) $93. Credit card by phone (PM Justin to arrange).

Availaibity: If I counted right we have 81 fish on the list now. We have 90 fish securied. Will probably have at least a few people on list drop out. Anyways right now we only have 9 unspoken for fish, so if you want one now is the time. I'll try to get ahold of everyone on list to confirm.

Kevin went by Marusei's on All Japan show trip, so here are some pictures of the fish:

Ryan S.
02-05-2007, 03:01 PM
The list. Please check in case anyone missed:

Ryan NC 2
koikichi NC 1
mjjoyce NC 1 or 2
Griff T. NC 1 or more
janae voisard NC 1 or 2
tommy tripp NC 1

BillOTMS 1 VA
Gordon Parr 2 VA

Rita 1 or 2 IL
Ruby 1 IL

Kiefer 3 FL
stephen&marry 2 FL
sudan 1 FL
LeeB 1 FL
DRussell 1 FL
RobR 1 FL (Orlando pickup)

hhoffman 1 SC

vipldy 1 WI

Moneypitt WA 1
Brian Drake WA 3

Doc Hollywood 1 local pickup CA
Jane 1 CA
ucpondguy 3 CA
koi2002 1 CA
josephandgabby 1 CA
Carlos 2 CA (Socal)
edoc 1 local pickup CA
andrewn15 1 local pickup CA
bsantosh 2 local pickup CA
pcbox 1 local pickup
piebeg 1 local pickup
garyr 1 (soCal)
barbj 1 local pickup
tcheung 1 local pickup

Jesus 10 OK
mitchkin 1 OK

noahsnana 1 or more MD
mrtricklefilter MD 1

l5vegan 2
tommyd 1 CO
nishkigal 1 CO

stryker OH 1
Ronin OH 1

dasofsky NY 2 or 3
Doug NY 1

koiross PA 4
anthonym PA 1

Koi Cribben AZ 2

Roddy Conrad WV 2

dtran6 TX 2
HL TX 1

billy OR 1
twin2turbo OR 1

bbriggs IA 2

Pyreaux 1 Utah

koiguy1 2 GA

GloriaL 2 TN

Ryan S.
02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Just collecting money for fish at this time. Shipping we will do later you don't have to make that choice yet.

dtran6
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Great, any word on the estimated delivery date?

L5Vegan
02-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Ryan,
I'll take two.
Will paypal when it's set up.
Dan

Bill OTMS
02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Ryan, put me down for 1. Bill OTMS - VA (SE)

GloriaL
02-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Ryan put me down for two

Ryan S.
02-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Great, any word on the estimated delivery date?

Should be ready for shiping mid March.

Gordon Parr
02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Big "R",

Put me down for 2 - combine shipping with Bill OTMS.

PM me please to discuss payment!!!

Many thanks!

Gordon

Billy
02-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Paid-PayPal

Doc Hollywood
02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Okay figured it out money sent.

JoesPonds.com
02-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm in. Just to clarify - what is the total cost, including shipping?

Ryan S.
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm in. Just to clarify - what is the total cost, including shipping?

$90 per fish (additonal $3 for paypal if using that payment method)

Shipping $100 fedex (unless you can pick up or be part of a bulk shipment)

anthonym
02-06-2007, 08:19 PM
I sent my paypal yesterday, hope you received, very excited to get one an watch it grow.

Ryan S.
02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Have 1 koi available for people not on list already. Maybe be more if anyone else drops out. Others please drop me a line on which payment method you expect to be making and when so I can get a handle on everything.

Valentina
02-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Ryan,
I just sent the money for one Chagoi (Paypal).
Would it be possible to send it to Marie (vipldy) please?
Thank you!

Valentina

Ryan S.
02-07-2007, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Valentina;875949]Ryan,
I just sent the money for one Chagoi (Paypal).
Would it be possible to send it to Marie (vipldy) please?
Thank you!

Valentina[/QUOTE

Yep, she mentioned that to me. Good luck!

jonathan
02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
if we could do small payents i would by it....i dont have 190 $ at the moment

Ryan S.
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Still trying to get ahold of a couple people but we are full now. So if you want to get in on waiting list please let me know. Max is 90 fish. I expecting maybe a few will drop out :confused: so there may be a couple that open up.

Ryan S.
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Kevin Pham / Genki Koi is donating a cup trophy. Thanks :clap:

Ryan S.
02-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Poll on if everyone wants to go by increase in length or total length at end of contest (10/15/07) has been posted in main.

garyr
02-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm still in for one. Seems like several of us want to do a local pickup in CA. I think it's time we need to firm up the datails as to when and where.

Ryan S.
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm still in for one. Seems like several of us want to do a local pickup in CA. I think it's time we need to firm up the datails as to when and where.

You can stop by Genki in mid March to pick up during normal store ours. Call ahead to make sure Kevin is in and fish are ready (I will post when ready here also). They are flying in from Japan Feb. 28th but need KHV test and QT first.

garyr
02-09-2007, 03:29 PM
:cool3: CA is a big long state. San Jose is a long way from LA. If I'm going to make that loop I may as well see if I can pick up fish for other SoCalers at the same time.

Ryan S.
02-09-2007, 04:14 PM
:cool3: CA is a big long state. San Jose is a long way from LA. If I'm going to make that loop I may as well see if I can pick up fish for other SoCalers at the same time.

Oops, sorry. I was thinking you were in SF area. It would probably work out good if you all in socal worked out something, maybe someone make the trip maybe in exchange for some gas money. Check with other on list in Cal. I know Carlos, janemm, koi2002, josephandgabby are all in socal area.

Simi Koi
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Oops, sorry. I was thinking you were in SF area. It would probably work out good if you all in socal worked out something, maybe someone make the trip maybe in exchange for some gas money. Check with other on list in Cal. I know Carlos, janemm, koi2002, josephandgabby are all in socal area.

I will be up that way for the Sakura Koi Show end of April. Not sure if Kevin will want to hold them that long, but I'd be happy to bring them down and the SoCal folks can come pick up at my place in Simi Valley.

Ryan S.
02-10-2007, 08:32 AM
I will be up that way for the Sakura Koi Show end of April. Not sure if Kevin will want to hold them that long, but I'd be happy to bring them down and the SoCal folks can come pick up at my place in Simi Valley.

Thats really nice of you Ned but I think that is to late, as so many tosai are comming in springtime the qt space is needed.

Moneypit
02-11-2007, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=They are flying in from Japan Feb. 28th but need KHV test and QT first.[/QUOTE]

Ryan,

So they will all be KHV tested? are there still a few more avaliable I might take one more:yes:

Ryan S.
02-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Ryan,

So they will all be KHV tested? are there still a few more avaliable I might take one more:yes:

Yes, PCR tested.

JoesPonds.com
02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Anyone having thier koi shipped to Inland Empire area, SoCal? I'm within 40 miles of Mystic Koi, Upland, CA? If so, I'd love to combine shipping charges with someone...

farne230
02-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Ryan S. This February 28th shipment to Genki from Japan do you know if this shippment will include the koi he bought during his last trip to Japan? I am expecting one of those koi to come in sometime in February.

Ryan S.
02-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Ryan S. This February 28th shipment to Genki from Japan do you know if this shippment will include the koi he bought during his last trip to Japan? I am expecting one of those koi to come in sometime in February.

They are actually leaving japan tomorrow the 14th. Other fish with same shipment although I don't know what.

Moneypit
02-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Ryan,

Did you up me to two, I am trying to get ahold of justin this morning.

Ryan S.
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Ryan,

Did you up me to two, I am trying to get ahold of justin this morning.

Yepper

Ryan S.
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Have a lot of checks and paypal payments :cool: already. Of the people that have confirmed already sent payment or are planing to that is 82 koi. Kevin went ahead and got us 90 koi, so I have 8 available if anyone else wants in. I will update list later to reflect those added to list and a couple that droped off.

I need to get ahold of these people, so please log in to reply to PM.

koi2002
doug
mrtriklefilter
stryker
koiross
HL
carlos

Not been able to contact via pm or email (if available), am not holding koi but 8 left as of today if you want back in let me know.

JoesPonds.com
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM

I agree. We can save some $$$ on shipping if all us SoCal get together and have everything sent to one place for pickup. I"m willing to drive anywhere within 70 miles...

JoesPonds.com
02-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Have a lot of checks and paypal payments :cool: already. Of the people that have confirmed already sent payment or are planing to that is 82 koi. Kevin went ahead and got us 90 koi, so I have 8 available if anyone else wants in. I will update list later to reflect those added to list and a couple that droped off.

I need to get ahold of these people, so please log in to reply to PM.

koi2002
doug
mrtriklefilter
stryker
koiross
HL
carlos

Not been able to contact via pm or email (if available), am not holding koi but 8 left as of today if you want back in let me know.

Are there still more availabe? I'd like to add another one (total of 2), but already mailed out $90 check for one...

Ryan S.
02-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Are there still more availabe? I'd like to add another one (total of 2), but already mailed out $90 check for one...

6 Left. Send a 2nd check, reply here or PM so I know for sure you want another fish reserved.

JoesPonds.com
02-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, put me down for two. I'll mail out a second check tomorrow...

(My wife's gonna kill me!)

Ryan S.
02-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, put me down for two. I'll mail out a second check tomorrow...

(My wife's gonna kill me!)

Print off a picture of chagoi and put it in her valentines day card :clap:

Noahsnana
02-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Is that what you did Ryan :becky:

luke-gr
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Is that what you did Ryan :becky:

I was just wondering the same thing.....:thinking:

Moneypit
02-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Ryan,

Just got credit card info to justin for $186.00 thanks:D:

tcheung
02-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Just sent in money order today.

mitchkin5
02-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Ryan I just sent the payment for "Pickles" my new Chagoi by paypal ..its going to be shipped with Jesus fish and I 'm going to pick it up in OKC. I just can't wait....He(Jesus) has been so wonderful ...he gets fist pick but I get the greenest one so I can finally have a fish named Pickles....can't wait....course I know it will change colors but thats the fun of getting one ..you just never know! I'm so excited! :clap: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Carloskoi
02-18-2007, 11:10 PM
So Cal poeple, how are we going to get our fish? is some one going up that can bring them down? is someone coming down that can bring them.

i live near LAX and could pick them all up and hold in my small pond.

let's coordinate. i need to send money once we know about delivery.

Carl

Ryan S.
02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I think Janemm, koi2002, josephandgabby, and garyr are the other socal people participating Carlos. Maybe send a PM to each and see if you all can work something out. Gary mentioned making a road trip and bringing all the fish back, maybe you all could contribute a little to gas $.

janemm
02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm driving up this weekend and could bring them back with me if Carlos could hold for pickup but don't know if Kevin will release yet.

Jane

JoesPonds.com
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I ordered a total of 2 chagois for this contest. (Ryan; please PM me to let me know when you receive payment). I'd love to combine shipping or arrange pickup with someone in my area. I am willing to pickup within 50 miles of San Bernardino...

JoesPonds.com
02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
SoCal people...

Any updates regarding shipping and/or local pickup?

garyr
02-21-2007, 10:28 PM
sorry, I've been busy the last few days. If push comes to shove I can do a loop to/from San Jose and bring them to Simi Koi or somewhere else for distribution. I can't hold them; I'm in the middle of a major construction project and my koi are temporarily in one of those 2800 gal Wal-Mart kiddie pools. If janemm is going up anyway -- that's even better of course.

As far as the competition, I consider myself the control study. The chagoi will have to deal with this:

http://a835.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/60/l_4bd328f490453b2a24882bcb2b3974d2.jpg

for a couple of months at least, not optimum growing conditions

JoesPonds.com
02-22-2007, 12:23 AM
If anyone's from the SoCal Inland Empire area, I'd love to share shipping costs and maybe do a local pickup in my area. Outside of this; however, I guess I'll have to pay full shipping for my two chagois...

janemm
02-22-2007, 08:54 PM
I spoke with Kevin today and he said the chagois would be released from QT the 2nd or 3rd week of March. He then offered to bring them down to the Gardena show, he isn't a vendor but will be bringing down some other fish. I thanked him and said that sounded like a great soution for those of us in SoCal. Even if it's not really close, I hope all are planning on coming to the show! We may need to get a tank since Kevin wasn't sure when he would be arriving and timing will vary for all of us. I'll pm everyone Ryan identified as SoCal and would appreiate it if all would let me know if this works for them.
Many thnks also to Ryan for all his work in coordinating his opportunity!:cheer:

Jane

JesusB
02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Many thnks also to Ryan for all his work in coordinating his opportunity!:cheer:
Jane

Same here, Ryan Thank you and excellent work pulling this together and thank you Kevin for allowing many of us to buy this quality of fish at this price.

Jesus

JoesPonds.com
02-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm planning to go to the Gardena Show on Friday, since I work the rest of the weekend. Will the chagoi's be there on Friday? If not, I may have to bite the big one and pay for shipping to my residence - unless someone else lives in the San Bernardino / Riverside / Ontario area...

Noahsnana
02-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Hope all Payments are in :becky:

luke-gr
02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Ryan has a short list. We have PMed everyone so check your PMs if you have not paid. May post list of unpaids here.

Moneypit
02-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Luke,

I called my Credit card info to Justin:yes: just wanted to make sure it went through:yes:

JoesPonds.com
02-25-2007, 12:38 AM
I already confirmed payment received for two chagois. Still waiting to hear news regarding pickup / shipping in SoCal Inland Empire area. Planning to visit Gardena Show on Friday, 3/23...

tracey_shafer
02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Are they all spoken for?

luke-gr
02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Luke,

I called my Credit card info to Justin:yes: just wanted to make sure it went through:yes:

It has. Sorry I just saw this.

Tracey, Ryan had a waiting list. He'll see this Im sure.

Ryan S.
02-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Tracy I will keep you in mind, but have 6 on waiting list and 3 that are unpaid for yet. So I put you on waitng list just in case. I will post update soon, probalby tomorrow. I will try to go through soon to correct front page list, many have changed.

Ryan S.
03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Will update thread tomorrow (I promise)

Talked to Kevin today and all fish are healthy/active and looking good.

Going to star working on shipping arrangements.

vipldy
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Will update thread tomorrow (I promise)

Talked to Kevin today and all fish are healthy/active and looking good.

Going to star working on shipping arrangements.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Marie:D:

JoesPonds.com
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Just for clarifiation, I would like to share shipping costs with anyone within 50 miles of 92404 (San Bernardino, CA) area. I am also planning to go to the Gardena Show on Friday, 3/23. If none of the SoCal folks are within 50 miles or if the Koi can't be taken to Gardena on 3/23, I guess I'll have to pay for shipping two Koi to my residence address....

Ryan S.
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Just for clarifiation, I would like to share shipping costs with anyone within 50 miles of 92404 (San Bernardino, CA) area. I am also planning to go to the Gardena Show on Friday, 3/23. If none of the SoCal folks are within 50 miles or if the Koi can't be taken to Gardena on 3/23, I guess I'll have to pay for shipping two Koi to my residence address....

Kevin can bring your chagoi to ZNA Gardena, he will be arriving friday (30th), visit show and take your chagois home. Contact Jane I think she and Carlos are considering renting a show tank and entering chagois in show. Otherwise you want to take them strait home on Friday.

Ryan

Doc Hollywood
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I stopped by and saw the chagoi. I said hello to then all for everyone. They are looking good and should be ready in a couple weeks. Kevin has some really cool looking koi that I have never seen.

JoesPonds.com
03-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Kevin can bring your chagoi to ZNA Gardena, he will be arriving friday (30th), visit show and take your chagois home. Contact Jane I think she and Carlos are considering renting a show tank and entering chagois in show. Otherwise you want to take them strait home on Friday.

Ryan

Ryan, you meant Friday - 3/2, right? There are only 28 days in February. Who should I contact to arrange pickup at she show? What banner do I look for? How do I find Kevin? Sorry for so many questions, but I've never been to a show before and I've never met Kevin. I'd like to pickup my two chagois on Friday, as I won't be able to stay for the show as I work on the weekend...

Ryan S.
03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Ryan, you meant Friday - 3/2, right? There are only 28 days in February. Who should I contact to arrange pickup at she show? What banner do I look for? How do I find Kevin? Sorry for so many questions, but I've never been to a show before and I've never met Kevin. I'd like to pickup my two chagois on Friday, as I won't be able to stay for the show as I work on the weekend...

Nope, so is in March. Actually I think its a week sooner than I was thinking. March 22-24 is show according on one post I was reading. So it would be Friday sometime during benching hours (1-7pm). Suggest you hang out at show and visit. I need to know ahead of time of course so I can sent keven list of chagois to bring. He is one in green coat in this picture: http://genkikoi.com/images/949c.jpg

JoesPonds.com
03-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I can be there to meet Ken at Gardena between 1pm and 3pm on Friday, 3/22. This should be okay, right. I should be able to show my ID to Ken and pick up my two chagois at no additional cost, correct? I will definitely be at the Gardena Show from 10am to at least 3pm..hopefully later.

janemm
03-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't know if he'll be there by 3:00, if possible please plan on staying later. As I understood it, Kevin's primary purpose for coming down is to deliver hobbyists fish to the show. Not sure what time he will get on the road, and then there's always the traffic...

BTW, both Carl and I will be there on Friday photographing fish as they are entered so you should be able to track one of us down.

Jane

garyr
03-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Not sure what time he will get on the road, and then there's always the traffic...

Jane

It's also prime season for the Tule fog, which often stops traffic dead for several hours at a time.

luke-gr
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Tule fog.......is that related to the Yule log? :confused: :shrug: :D:

JoesPonds.com
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't know if he'll be there by 3:00, if possible please plan on staying later. As I understood it, Kevin's primary purpose for coming down is to deliver hobbyists fish to the show. Not sure what time he will get on the road, and then there's always the traffic...

BTW, both Carl and I will be there on Friday photographing fish as they are entered so you should be able to track one of us down.

Jane

I went ahead and made arrangements to stay a bit later. Can stay till 7pm if necessary. For clarification, Kevin will have a list with all the contestants names for Koi pickup. I purchased two of these beauties and just want to be sure I'm able to pick 'em up without any issues...

Ryan S.
03-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I went ahead and made arrangements to stay a bit later. Can stay till 7pm if necessary. For clarification, Kevin will have a list with all the contestants names for Koi pickup. I purchased two of these beauties and just want to be sure I'm able to pick 'em up without any issues...

As long as I have you down he will bring, will send him list ahead of time. Started new thread on shipping.