View Full Version : Wake Up Little Susie

vipldy
08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
And the paper plate size Hardy Hibiscus :yes:

Marie :)

savannahrobinson
08-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Very pretty.
Is that hibiscus also called a "Marsh mallow"?

vipldy
08-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Very pretty.
Is that hibiscus also called a "Marsh mallow"?
Here they just call it hardy hibiscus :confused: Every other year I have planted it come June and it still looked dead I would pull it out :rolleyes: This year I left it alone and sure enough she came up but later than most plants :yes:

Rudy
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Here are 3 of my larger hybiscus and they do all have different names, just can't remember them. There is a pure white one with bright red center that is more bowl shaped that will probably open soon (more shaded than others).
After they turn "woody" in late fall or early spring cut down to a few inches and wait for them to grow, and they will. Like lots of water in well drained area.
The other flowers are also a hybiscus bush. Double flowering pink and red. I have about a dozen very mature "Rose of Sharons" in the front, but everyone knows what they look like.

Lots of color now.
Rudy

gray cat
08-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Very pretty pics.
I have the Kopper King. It doesn't even get a leaf on it until mid May. :eek:

Rudy
08-08-2006, 12:46 PM
OH I like the look of those, the wrinkled petals and the way the red center seems to "bleed" out.
Will have to see if I can get them in my zone.

Rudy

gray cat
08-08-2006, 09:56 PM
OH I like the look of those, the wrinkled petals and the way the red center seems to "bleed" out.
Will have to see if I can get them in my zone.

Rudy

Rudy it likes full sun, semi-moist, and it can go to -20 degrees below zero.

Lari
08-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Marie, you need to have Jerry take your picture in front of those daisies in your back yard that are taller than you! I've never seen them that tall before!

vipldy
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Marie, you need to have Jerry take your picture in front of those daisies in your back yard that are taller than you! I've never seen them that tall before!

Oh yea I forgot about those :yes: They are what atleast 6ft tall :eek:

Rudy
08-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Rudy it likes full sun, semi-moist, and it can go to -20 degrees below zero.

:cool:

Thanks,
Rudy