PDA

View Full Version : Need help with yard/tree planning

Ryan S.
07-31-2006, 10:43 AM
We are tossing up 2 ideas. Picture is our lot. I want a mud pond, escavated dirt will be used to fix elevation issues on the lot. This is what we are desiding between:

Option 1: Clear all trees, or a little over a acre of them at least. Did pond, regrade lot. Replant some trees, have grass laid, so on.

Option 2: House in the woods, or no landscaping. We have some of these around here and are open the concept. But still want the mud pond and I think some of the elelvation needs to be address still. So I'm told trees can handle some dirt being built up around them, depends on the amount and type of tree? So these are pines, what are our options, how much can we build up around them that the trees can adjust to?

kingkong
07-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Check with the Ag. Dept. to see if you can get an ag. tax break for growing trees for timber first. Find out harvesting requirements. Protect yourself from fire. I do not like adding fill around the base of trees esp. pines. Just some ideas.

Ryan S.
07-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Mostly all pines, so I should take a bulldozer to most of them.

madeyna
08-01-2006, 01:41 PM
mature trees can make for beatiful landscaping but you also have to consider what the fire hazard is in your area. They don,t like fill or heavy mulch under thier canopy.