PDA

View Full Version : Reflective Flame blooming....

bunny56lbc
07-12-2006, 09:23 PM
OK , so it's not Reflective Flame... .. :To funny: Did anyone get one of these from the cheap waterlily place in texas ??

It's pretty but what is it?

Bonnie

Monica
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Don't know but is sure is pretty. :cool:

SueSTx
07-12-2006, 10:19 PM
LOL...I read "deflective" Flame...LOL

vols1118
07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Not sure, but still a nice lily.

MSW
07-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Yah, I also got a "Deflective Flame" from them (http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44553), as well as a dead Gloire du Temple Sur Lot. I've been in touch with them about fixing the problems, but it's been like pulling teeth. They'll go 9 days without responding to an email and then they'll say something totally different to what they said before. They also claimed 'Reflected Flame' was a dwarf, which it's not. Get what you pay for.

By the way, here is texaswaterlilies most recent response:

I understand that you and others firmly believe yours is not a true reflected flame but Dusty and others beleive it is.His stock was bought from Strawns Water Gardens and everyone else who has received them are very happy with them.They also have young molted leaves,same shape with a reflected flame flower.Could it be your friends do not have a true reflected flame.It is described as having light molting on first growth fading out with older leaves.Soil conditions and nutrients could make the molting more or it could make them less.Dusty knows what he is talking about when it comes to growing and determining what kind of plant it is.He has over 15 years of growing experience. I do not understand people who think they are knowledgeable about plants but do not see that different conditions and enviroments has a great deal to do with colors and shades of leaves.All of the reflected flames are the shape of yours and it is stated that they have tropical characteristics.

joeyb5980
07-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Wow, what a rude response! That is no way to run a successful business.....They don't realize with the growing popularity of forums, word of mouth can be both very profitable and very destructive- and quite quickly. I know that I won't be ordering from them.....

sunshine kathy
07-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Whats the grassy stuff in the background?

DoubleS
07-13-2006, 10:18 AM
I do love the flower....though MHO isnt reflective flame. But I dont have 15yrs expereince.

Thanks for sharing - so we know what company to NOT give our business to!!!!!!!

Koimum
07-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Bonnie, it is pretty, no matter what it is. :yes:

Jeannie
07-13-2006, 05:20 PM
You can bet I won't shop there. I am now thinking I'm only going to shop here at Koiphen. I only need to ask around and I'll find it. Great place! Jeannie

bunny56lbc
07-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Kathy,
It's varigated Flag grass .....I think.. :To funny:

Thanks all for your input....I'll ujst have to tag it as an unknown... :(

Bonnie

Rebekah
07-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Here is a pic of my reflective flame http://www.koiphen.com./forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53350&stc=1 I got it from Marilyn C. last year and she knows her lilies and has more than 15 years experience. The sad thing is I saw it bloom early this year and haven't seen it since. I'm afraid to look, the @#&^ turtle may have ate it when she decided she needed a vacation from her pond :mad:

bunny56lbc
07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
That's a pretty lily Rebekah !

Bonnie