PDA

View Full Version : Moderator

koidoc
03-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Do we have a Moderator on this board? Do we need one? :D: :eek: :D: :cool:

emmalou
03-04-2006, 12:11 PM
LOL......

:thinking: :thinking: WHO ever could we want for a Mod.......

wcstory
03-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Bottom right corner of each forum or sub forum index page lists the Mods for each section.

This sub forum has:
Lee B, Karl Schoeler & wcstory

Bill

emmalou
03-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Aw.you spoiled Art's nomination :mad: :D:

wcstory
03-04-2006, 12:55 PM
OK I feel stupid now. :sick:

emmalou
03-04-2006, 12:58 PM
OK I feel stupid now. :sick:
;)

koidoc
03-04-2006, 05:39 PM
I tried. Is this so big we needed 3 moderators. I thought they did other boards. OK so now Betta Board!!!!!!

emmalou
03-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I tried. Is this so big we needed 3 moderators. I thought they did other boards. OK so now Betta Board!!!!!!
I agree.lol.lets have a sub folder from the Goldfish forum :yes: Lol..this is turning into a monster :eek: But its great to see such a diversified group of fish.I for one totally appreciate it.

cindy
03-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Art - an awful lot of people have goldfish now. :thinking: hmmm wonder who did that. Already got a mutt betta :thinking: .

emmalou
03-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Art - an awful lot of people have goldfish now. :thinking: hmmm wonder who did that. Already got a mutt betta :thinking: .
You need more Cindy :rofl:

KoiValley
03-04-2006, 07:04 PM
My only purpose in being on the Goldfish Forum is to move threads to Emergency if I think they belong there rather than here. Otherwise, do your thing. ;) Be reasonably nice. :yes: Have fun. :D: I won't bother you much except for questions about my own G***fish...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SouthernStarr
03-04-2006, 08:34 PM
OK so now Betta Board!!!!!!
Art you even have me looking at Betta's now ;) ;) ;)

cindy
03-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Art, something strange is going on here. First you convince us that we like and need goldfish. Yes gold fish are good. Must have goldfish. Then a strange cravings appears for bettas. Bettas, bettas are good, must have bettas.

I'm going to have to look closer at your threads. Are you doing secret subliminal messages and brain washing us? :To funny:

Brian Drake
03-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Are discus next? :eek: Art and JR: You guys have to experience the babies eating the slime off their parents bodies...amazing stuff...remember Jack Wattley JR?

emmalou
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Are discus next? :eek:
NOooooooooooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have no room for discus :eek: :eek:

but I have Oscars :fiesty:

CarolinaGirl
03-06-2006, 12:58 PM
:mad: :mad: I got moderated starting a thread here about my bettas. My betta thread got moved to chit chat. :( I guess Art must be more special than me. :( :p: :p:

Ronin-Koi
03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Maybe this Forum ought to be "All about Goldfish and Aquariums."

- Wayne, remembers when some people (including Koidoc!! :p: :p: ) were against the idea of a separate goldfish forum when Wayne suggested it around the Holidays as he began prepping for his new tank and goldfish. :D:

emmalou
03-06-2006, 01:18 PM
:mad: :mad: I got moderated starting a thread here about my bettas. My betta thread got moved to chit chat. :( I guess Art must be more special than me. :( :p: :p:
I had my betta stuff here as well....where else should it go? I think Art is right :D: we need a betta forum now :rofl:

cindy
03-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Wayne, remembers when some people (including Koidoc!! ) were against the idea of a separate goldfish forum when Wayne suggested it around the Holidays as he began prepping for his new tank and goldfish.

I remember waaaaay back when Art wouldn't chit chat :To funny:

CarolinaGirl
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I remember waaaaay back when Art wouldn't chit chat :To funny:

and now that we got him talking....well, you know the rest...... :p:

koidoc
03-06-2006, 03:53 PM
No Chit or Chat for me. Just the facts man. Make this Aquarium fish forum. We can just skip through the catfish. I threaten them with nude photos if they move something.

emmalou
03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
No Chit or Chat for me. Just the facts man. Make this Aquarium fish forum. We can just skip through the catfish. I threaten them with nude photos if they move something.
But I love pictures of nude catfish :confused: :D:
Goldies etc........that should cover it.

pahunter
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
What we really need is a Forum for Wakin's. :cool: It seems alot of this Forum is about The Wakin's. :yes: It would save alot of time searching threads for Wakin. :yes: (OR) Have one Forum for Aquarium Fish and another one for (( Pond Goldfish - This would cover Wakin's, Comets, Shubunkin's and Mosquito Fish )) :cool: What do you think :confused: :confused:

koidoc
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Carolina- I am working on that second jacket although I am still waiting for the first one. Good thing I do not send fish the same way as that jacket.

koidoc
03-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe just pond forum and aquarium forum. Wakins would go pond. Not good for aquariums. Puit fish type in thread name so we do not waste time on mudskippers.

gander
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Well in reality the name of this part of the forum is all about Goldfish. So Bettas and parrots and what ever else is supposed to be in chit chat. A forum was wanted for Goldfish, If you don't go to chit chat you can miss out on a lot of good things.

DarleneD
03-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Any more changes and we're going to start looking like that other parish ... and will start attracting lots of newbies who like to talk baby talk to there widdow fishies and relay every word here on the forum.

Some people at Koiphen have varieties of tropical fish ... an argument could be made that we should accommodate them as well.

I'm against any type of "aquarium" forum ...... there are dozens of good ones out there. Let's not dilute things more than they are.

Art, get over it ... you won't be any less of a man if you go to chit chat. :rolleyes:

emmalou
03-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Well in reality the name of this part of the forum is all about Goldfish. So Bettas and parrots and what ever else is supposed to be in chit chat. A forum was wanted for Goldfish, If you don't go to chit chat you can miss out on a lot of good things.
I think the bettas etc should go into the goldfish forum.......keeps things orderly :D: We dont have to have another header..we will know where to go to look for info or pics.

koidoc
03-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I can stop the bettas and go to a different forum. No problem. I thought this board admired beauty like koi. Beauty in symetry and color. JR told me to keep his HENS busy.
I thought we already had people that have names for their pets and talk baby talk and tell us the names on the board.
And I think some of those named pets have ben bannished to the Disney Pond. I never knew that pond was just around the corner. I think it has rocks at the bottom.

stephen
03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I can stop the bettas and go to a different forum. No problem. I thought this board admired beauty like koi. Beauty in symetry and color. JR told me to keep his HENS busy.
I thought we already had people that have names for their pets and talk baby talk and tell us the names on the board.
And I think some of those named pets have ben bannished to the Disney Pond. I never knew that pond was just around the corner. I think it has rocks at the bottom.
:D: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DarleneD
03-07-2006, 09:54 AM
I suspect there are rocks in the bottom too. I think if you visit the other forum, you'll see what I mean and be able to put it into perspective. Yes, we do have a board here that admires beauty, symmetry and color. I think it's worth protecting rather than let this section degrade into just another aquarium place.

We're all enjoying your bettas, Art, as well as Jim's. No need to remove them. I'm just suggesting that we preserve what's good about our forum.

Didya see that post about you in Chit Chat? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hee hee made you look!

DesertPonder
03-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I've enjoyed seeing all the beautiful Bettas. Many of us have many other wonderful hobbies and talents and it is great to share them. :yes:

I don't think we should start sectioning this forum off into a gazzillion other forums. Since many of us are also into Bettas, just add a subforum to this goldfish one.
I don't think we need an "aquarium forum". I belong to another one of the major goldfish forums and there is night & day difference between how these folks see their hobby of fish keeping and how most of us see it from the world of ponding. There is a pond and koi section on that website but it gets very little traffic, even in summer.
I think we should keep our forums focused as much as possible on subjects as they relate to ponding and koi.
Chit-chat is for everything else so by all means use it. :yes:

koidoc
03-07-2006, 07:56 PM
No more bettas. They come tomorrow

emmalou
03-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Art.when you get your bettas.I want you to post pics here please.........I enjoy seeing them, and it does not degrade this forum nor this board. :rolleyes:

This is a good forum and I think that adding something extra is in keeping with whats interesting about this place.MHO.

So Art.post away.

koidoc
03-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey were is this real Goldfish Board at?

koidoc
03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
hey people look at the numbers, See how many hits on the Betta thread vs the next few goldfish threads put together. This is a board of voyuers.

emmalou
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM
hey people look at the numbers, See how many hits on the Betta thread vs the next few goldfish threads put together. This is a board of voyuers.
:fiesty: Its the beauty of the fish that keep them coming back Art ;)

SouthernStarr
03-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Art - I think it's because when you and JR speak....people listen :) :) I know I have learned a lot from this thread and just about any post you make. Thankyou for taking the time to post as you do :)
Edit - It is also the beauty of the fish. I did not know there were any other bettas other than the ones in the cups at the pet stores. I am thinking about trying some bettas now. My family thinks I have gone over the edge....last month it was an oranda pond in my sunroom...now bettas ;) ;)