PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Auction request

koidoc
02-18-2006, 07:02 PM
This is a letter I wrote to Tommy of Goldfish Net. Lets see if I can get some action.

Hey Tommy,
In case you have not noticed most of your Goldfish sales are going to my Koiphen friends now. I think almost every fish you sold this week was to Koiphen members. I have been getting everybody to go there and have been recommending best buys and numbers for, must have goldfish. It seems your sales have gone up since we got the Goldfish Board fired up at Koiphen and we are still getting more people started.
How about a special deal to get even more involved? How about, say if we do a buy-it-now bid, and then when the auction is won and we pay, we can mention we are Koiphen members for a 10% discount? This fee would still be above your starting bid. This only amounts to say $8 on an $80 fish. This just barely helps with shipping. I think most members are buying several fish now as I have told them how to save money on shipping.
Please advise, as I think this could bring more people from Koiphen into your auctions without major expense to you. I will be awaiting your reply and hope maybe we can help each other.
Your friends,
ART

kntry
02-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Great, Art. Thanks!

Meg
02-18-2006, 07:08 PM
thanks for looking out for us Art!

Sarge
02-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Art, good deal. I am still looking for that 'ringer' to steal away the Louisville GC from you again :To funny: :To funny: Where's Mike!:mad:

savannahrobinson
02-18-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't know if Tommy has that much overhead. I think his prices are pretty reasonable considering he has to travel to China to get them, keep them alive, bring them into good condition, etc...

CarolinaGirl
02-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks Art! I got myself a 55 gallon aquarium but don't have space to set it up since I have a stock tank in my living room. But....as soon as the weather warms up and these fish can go back outside (or they die....whichever comes first), I am setting that tank up and will be in the market for a few nice goldies. I am REALLY looking forward to getting some ryunkins from Tommy. :yes:

DarleneD
02-18-2006, 07:50 PM
I don't know if Tommy has that much overhead. I think his prices are pretty reasonable considering he has to travel to China to get them, keep them alive, bring them into good condition, etc...
I think Tommy only goes to China two times a year at most. He does an annual trip towards the end of the year and takes along some of his customers (at their own expense). How it works most of the time for his shipments of fish is that he tells his cousin Jack Chan what he wants, and the fish are shipped to him from China. If you're looking for anything special, he can usually get it from Jack.

kntry
02-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Cindy, build yourself a goldie pond outside. I always had my goldies in with the koi and they did great.

Now I have my 3400 gallon goldie/lily pond. As long as you cover it, they do very well outside. By the end of the first year, you'll have a pond full of babies.

Cowiche Ponder
02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks Art!!

I just have to get my tank under control for parameters before I add anything else to that tank.

koiingaround
02-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Art!!!
You are just the coolest!!! :yes:

Ronin-Koi
02-19-2006, 01:20 AM
I am pretty easy going and will go with the masses. But I did want to throw out my thinking that most of the dealers here are NOT getting buckets and buckets of profit out of us, and I'm not sure how I feel about trying to force a small business to give discounts to the masses. If they offer it freely, fine, sign me up. But let them choose.

As a preferred option for me at least, I would suggest that if Tommy does indeed agree that Koiphen has been a positive impact on his sales, that he might consider making some "special fish" available to Koiphen first, prior to listing them on his auction. If given the option of either getting a small trivial discount or access to exclusive first shot fish... I pick the opportunity to buy some nice fish! Once a week, he can post on Koiphen one or two goldfish of the week that he feels are superb (or folks here can make requests for special fish, or economy fish, or whatever). This to me makes Tommy more a part of our community offering us something special as oppose to a minor discount.

- Wayne, has special fish coming. He did not have to bid, and he did not even have to ASK... Tommy has done MORE than enough to treat him right already. :cool: