PDA

View Full Version : Wakin pix

Bonnie-IN
01-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Do these Wakin look like fairly decent ones to you guys?

On the average what would these normally sell for?

Thanks much,
Bonnie

Mommajoan
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't know about pricing Bonnie but they are very pretty!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bob Salee
01-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Do these Wakin look like fairly decent ones to you guys?

On the average what would these normally sell for?

Thanks much,
Bonnie
Bonnie, They look nice. The price would be determined by the markings and expecially the size. How big are they?

Cowiche Ponder
01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
It could be the pics, but I'd like to see a redder red. They all seem to show the peduncle flash (VERY important for me at least)

Here is the grading used by WakinWorks.com which really isn't very far from me. Their prices are pretty steep however http://www.wakinworks.com/sales.htm but might give you some better idea of what you might look for.

kntry
01-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I agree, Mary, they do seem a little orange. Again, depending on the size and price, they are pretty.

DarleneD
01-26-2006, 11:03 AM
I'd like to see them in more water to look at the fins ... pecs and dorsals. I'd like to see more red as well.

However, if these are pond grade wakins (i.e., not expensive) they look fine.

Cowiche Ponder
01-26-2006, 11:34 AM
How do you say the markings aren't jazzy? Does anyone else know what I'm saying? Sigh :rolleyes:

Bonnie-IN
01-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I guess I should have went into details further.

Do these look decent for pond-medium grade Wakin, that range from 5-7 inches and are from $15-$20 each plus shipping..

Yes Mary, I know what you are saying... ;)

Thanks,
Bonnie

CarolinaGirl
01-26-2006, 11:46 AM
I really like the first two. their markings are very nice! the body shape of the 3rd is nice. 4th one is a little orangy. I think the price is good. :yes:

DarleneD
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM
I think the price is very good for the fish in the pictures. Check to see that the fins aren't clamped or drooping, other than that, they look fine.

allen42
01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
i say this, ya dont se wakins here for 15 bucks , i dont care how red the red is , or what , so the 15 bucks is a great price !

Mommajoan
01-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Bonnie...the question should be do you like them....
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Koidaddy
01-26-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Walkin for $125.00 canadian (plus S&H) Tell Andrew at: http://www.fishsempai.com/ that Chris from Montreal sent you. :D:

Bonnie-IN
01-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Bonnie...the question should be do you like them....
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Joan,
Yep in my eye, they are nice and I'd be happy to have them in my pond. :yes:

Just like my koi, I'm not out to impress anyone and will never have any show koi, etc. BUT want to get the best for my buck and new that you guys would give me an honest answer.

Thanks much all,
Bonnie

Karen
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Bonnie, I think they are all cute, but like #1 & #2 the best. It's just personal, but I do like a lot of pattern (good OR bad). Are you buying all of them or just some?
I've been ignoring Wakin for too long... they would be so perfect for me.

Bonnie-IN
02-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Karen, these were on ebay and I won the bid.
The next day all of them were going for double the price !

I emailed the seller and he offered me a deal so I dealt with him directly.

They arrived today, FedEx Express and so far so good.
They seem very friendly and healthy. Immediately started swimming around happily and not trying to find a hiding place.

Here's a few bad quality pix because I'm having to use an el' cheapo camera because my camera needs batteries.
The water is also cloudy right now because I added some koi clay last night.

Blammo
02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!
??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?????????????

Leekinneykoi
02-01-2006, 02:17 PM
I think you got an excellant deal Bonnie, and even though your camera was blurry they show more red in your pictures, congrats.

Bonnie-IN
02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks Blamm,

Definately not the quality Wakinzzzzz for that z-koi guy BUT he's always buzzzy traveling and tends to go MIA for awhile. :yes:

Ebay Wakin :eek: (I know, I know but I did alot of research before buying) that range from 5-7 inches and are from $15-$20 each plus shipping.. :eek:
The second days Wakin went for double or more so I got outbid but the seller agreed to deal with me directly to add to my order! :cool:

Wish me luck,
Bonnie

Pa. Nancy
02-01-2006, 05:29 PM
They look NICE Bonnie!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I really like the splash of red in the white tail. :cool:

Bonnie-IN
02-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks Nancy,
I can't believe how tame they are. They're eating food out of my hand! :cool:
Even though I'm sure they were very hungry but my experience with new fish is always so different. Normally they try to hide the first day or two and won't come to eat when you're around.

Pa. Nancy
02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
My first two Wakin took a while to come out. I usually don't have a problem with hiding fish. But these two were very little.

The two bigger ones I got from the Charlotte show I had no problem. They came right up to eat. :cool: :cool: :cool:

koiingaround
02-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Bonnie!!!
Congratzzz on getting some wakin!!!
You are gonna love them sooooooooooo much!!! :yes: :cool: :yes:

DarleneD
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
I know you'll enjoy them Bonnie! :)

Koidaddy
02-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Here's a photo of my walkins on hold for spring pickup. I really don't know much about judging the quality, but I like them just the same!:D:

elusiveguy
02-06-2006, 02:06 PM
They look great to me. :yes: I can't wait I will be getting some soon. :D:

Meg
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
koidaddy, I like that fat guy in the bottom right corner :yes:

Pa. Nancy
02-06-2006, 04:15 PM
They look great!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Meg
02-06-2006, 07:18 PM
hey Nancy PA. how 'bout showing a little team spirit :lmao:

DarleneD
02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah, that siggy is much too small .... :lmao:

kdmatrix
02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Bonnie - did you buy the Wakin from this guy? Look like he has few good looking ones. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgoldfishworld2006QQhtZ-1

Bonnie-IN
02-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Yes!

I see a few there that I really like but better not!
6 now to QT is enough.

I didn't leave him any feedback yet because I didn't want to recommend only on his good service but wanted to make sure the fish sent were also healthy.
They're doing great!

BTW- he's also Koistation on Ebay......

DarleneD
02-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Some bad feedback under the Koistation ID. :(

You could always chalk it up to inexperienced buyers, but he didn't even reply to the feedback.

I hope things work out much better for his wakin buyers!

the duck
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Bonnie was the seller fishsempai. I got 10 wakins from Andrew last spring and ended up with a variety--some are almost all white with a little red and one is almost all red with darker fins and tail. They are very friendly fish and eat from my hand. I order his Progold and TungHo fish food all the time. Since Ive been using the Progold with my rhyunkins & fantails (indoor goldies) Ive had no swim bladder problems--had it consistently with one fantail when used regular goldfish food from the pet stores. The pond fish get the Tung Ho and love it. Ive been very pleased with Andrews service but shipping to CD may be easier than to the States if he was the dealer you got your wakins from. Your wakins look great to me--but Im not a wakin expert.