PDA

View Full Version : Big koi for sale

Pmcgary98
06-07-2020, 11:06 PM
Hello I have a almost 2foot s all white with orange spots koi for sale
Best offer will live ship email me and we will talk pmcgary2018@gmail.com

usertree66
06-08-2020, 02:22 AM
Your koi is very stressed. Was he/she raised in a tank? Please rehome it as soon as possible

kevins2ooo
06-08-2020, 02:51 AM
Poor koi...Please find him a good home. :uggg:

rubyduby
06-09-2020, 03:28 PM
That is so sad. With plastic flowers? Please tell me that this has not been his home.

Stylo328
06-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Looking to learn as a new koi keeper. How can you tell by the photo that the koi is stressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lajude
06-09-2020, 04:09 PM
Clamped fins. Red streaks in body and fins. Doesn't look healthy at all.

Koi Boyz
06-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Please don't try to sell this koi...it is hurting and in stress. Give it to a person who can give it an appropriate home. This is Exhibit A of what koi ownership is not about.

koi4u2c
06-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Wow, go back and read these posts. Replys came on a little strong for a first time poster. I wouldn't be surprised if they never post again.

While this koi has an issue at the moment, it obviously had good care to get that big. And I doubt judging from it's size and conformation that it was raised in that tank.

Looks like a fairly nice Tancho koi.

But it is stressed and the only orange spots that I see are wounds or caused by poor water quality or parasites.

A koi should be in good health when you sell it, or at least find a person who knows it's condition and is willing to nurse it back to health.

If you post your water parameters, some one will give you advice as to how to treat this koi. This may also be important if you have other koi, because when one has issues, others soon follow.

Koi Boyz
06-09-2020, 09:36 PM
Wow, go back and read these posts. Replys came on a little strong for a first time poster. I wouldn't be surprised if they never post again.

While this koi has an issue at the moment, it obviously had good care to get that big. And I doubt judging from it's size and conformation that it was raised in that tank.

But it is stressed and the only orange spots that I see are wounds or caused by poor water quality or parasites.

A koi should be in good health when you sell it, or at least find a person who knows it's condition and is willing to nurse it back to health.

If you post your water parameters, some one will give you advice as to how to treat this koi. This may also be important if you have other koi, because when one has issues, others soon follow.

Wow, back, are you really saying a koi can only get this big with good care? Really? But then go on to state "while this koi has an issue at the moment" and "this koi is in distress" and then state "it is stressed and the only orange spots that I see are wounds or caused by poor water quality or parasites." I can not believe you said this koi had "good care" in good faith. This is like saying the guy dying on the street from a gun shot wound otherwise looks healthy.

"Looks like a fairly nice Tancho koi"? That comment made me laugh.

The fact that someone would try to make one dollar or a penny off of this koi is ridiculous.

This koi has a lot of issues, as you mentioned, but it deserves a good home.

icu2
06-09-2020, 10:25 PM
Moved to Trader forum...

znorton_505
06-10-2020, 08:14 PM
I can rehome this koi if your looking to provide it with a good home. It will spend the summer in quarantine. let me know. I live in NW Ohio and could meet you halfway

usertree66
06-17-2020, 01:36 AM

Would you put this koi in your pond since you seem to praise it so highly?

Asagibottom
06-17-2020, 06:41 AM
Yikes y’all. Calm down. Stressed tank fish. If you want it, email him. If not, just quiet

Asagibottom
06-17-2020, 06:45 AM
And let me just be the one to say I’ve killed dozens of fish trying to learn. Nope, not once did I ever try and regime them. I killed by electric shock, ammonia poisoning, nitrite poisoning, accidental clove oil overdose, chlorine burning, not enough oxygen, death by stress due to ph swing, bug spray run in from overflowing pond, not enough oxygen, fish jumping out.

And in almost all cases I guarantee the fish looked more stressed. I will say though, even I have brought a koi looking worse than this one back to a healthy condition. You can too. And I know you’ve killed a koi. At least they’re trying to rehome it.

koi4u2c
06-17-2020, 07:23 PM
Asagibottom,

This reminds me of something I once read. I can't remember the quote word for word bacause I read it too many years ago. It came from a Japanese Breeder. In effect it stated the more fish killed by the koikeeper, the more experienced he becomes.

Definitely makes me quite experienced.

If anyone knows this quote, please post it. I often think about it and I wish I could remember it exactly as it was posted.