PDA

View Full Version : Koizyme, negative effects?

bdel01
04-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Any negatives by using koizyme? I don't think so but never used. Is it much different than microbelift pl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richtoybox
04-23-2017, 10:59 PM
It is nothing like Microbelift PL. This bacteria competes with the bad bacteria in a pond to reduce the number of sores by limiting the number of aeromonas colonies. The PL is a type of bacteria more closely related to the septic tank bacteria, doing its best work in anaerobic conditions, which a koi pond should not have any.

I have used Koizyme and like it, and I have used another similar product that does the same thing.

OCkoiFan
04-23-2017, 11:49 PM
The negative is that eventually will break your wallet. I used for two years and after improved my system, more water change and no longer needed it.

bdel01
04-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Thanks for info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hp
04-24-2017, 03:18 AM
I was recommended to use this as well. it will help my bog filter. So, I bought one too.

hp.

sacicu
04-24-2017, 07:16 AM
I was recommended to use this as well. it will help my bog filter. So, I bought one too.

hp.

Koizyme ia USELESS against the proliferation of flukes in a bog filter.

hp
04-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Koizyme ia USELESS against the proliferation of flukes in a bog filter.

oh, the Koizyme was not for the flukes problem, it is mainly for reducing sludge in the bog filter and stream.

hp.

MCAsan
04-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Sludge/mulm/detribus decaying in the water column is one of many reasons to reconsider bogs, streams, ponds with gravel/rocks in the bottom, pond without bottom drains and skimmers. A koi pond should be, and can be, self cleaning 24/7. You clean the filters, not the pond. :yes:

richtoybox
04-24-2017, 07:40 PM
I don't believe that Koizyme will do anything for the bog type filters to break down waste. It is very specific in competing with the aeromonas bacteria that cause ulcers on fish. If the pond has parasites, due to less than clean systems, then it is more likely to have significant levels of aeromonas, and likely increased numbers of parasites, so ulcers/sores become a problem.

Pond James_Pond
05-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Great segue for this picture! I was at a resort last week and they were cleaning their turtle pond which is basically a veggie bog. Oh the smell!!!!