PDA

View Full Version : WAVE II Pumps are the HEAT!

Sarge
03-18-2005, 09:12 PM
As many know I am messing around with my filtration (Not a complete redo - gotta wait till I visit SteveC or I get WHOOPED :eek: )

Anyhow, I switched out my bead filter and pulled up all the lines. I have had it off all winter - mainly due to the cost of running a 2spd - 2hp pump - just can't afford to pay that darn electric bill.

Well, after conferring with William Lim, I purchased a Wave II 3/4 horse pump along with my WLIM Presurrized Settlement Tank. I gotta tell you, I was not a believer at all :no: :no: I thought to myself - NO WAY IN HELL I was going to be able to pump through the settlement, bead, and UV and back up the eighty feet of 2" pipe on a 3.5' elevation....

I WAS WRONG!!:yes: :yes:

Not only does it pump - but the flow is much greater than I was getting from the 2spd 2HP on HIGH SPEED :eek:

Mind you, I did pull up all the piping and eliminated as much restriction as I possible could - went straight shot from the pond to the pump and from the filter to the pond, but ****! That pump is AS GOOD AS IT GETS :yes: :yes:

Kenny and I will be putting the Wave 1 1/8HP on the middle pond tomorrow - I look forward to the increased flow (and the lower electric bill)

kntry
03-18-2005, 09:16 PM
I love my Wave II. It made a drastic difference in the water flow. Thanks Wilm.

Now, if I can just figure out a way to afford that filter system you had in Orlando I'd be a happy camper.

Noahsnana
03-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Sarge it is not the heat :rolleyes: it is da bomb ;)

Carl_H
03-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Glad to know you like the Wave II. That is what I am considering purchasing. However, only a 1/3 or 1/2 HP model.

kntry
03-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Carl, I have the 1/2 hp model and love it! I had a Sequence 4500 gph and Performance Pro 5600 gph on my pond. Last month, I moved the Sequence to another pond and put the Wave in it's place.

The Wave pumps 8700 gph and the Performance Pro 5600 gph. It's a great pump.

Brad Koikichi
03-19-2005, 12:15 AM
I have been running two Wave pumps for a few years now .moving 14,000 gals an hour in a 3000 gal pond . And I have happy Koi ! :yes:

Sarge
03-19-2005, 07:38 AM
I will try and get some pic's today :rolleyes:

Koikeeper2you
03-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Wave II 1/2 HP.....
Am thinking about adding another inline to get even better flow through my system.
,,,that and William is only located 20 minutes from me.....

Carolkoi
10-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I upgraded from 2 1/6hp Sta-Rites to a W.Lim 1/4 Dragon last year. What an amazing difference. Same piping, same pond. One pump doing the work of two for half the electric!

Orfe
10-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Sarge,

I have a 3/4 HP Wave II, 10000 Lim pressurized prefilter and 10000 Wave Plus filter ready to hook-up (basically one of William's skid systems without the UV).

Are you able to estimate what the flow rate you are getting is?

Thanks.

Sarge
10-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Sarge,

I have a 3/4 HP Wave II, 10000 Lim pressurized prefilter and 10000 Wave Plus filter ready to hook-up (basically one of William's skid systems without the UV).

Are you able to estimate what the flow rate you are getting is?

Thanks.Good afternoon - I hope to get my flow meter installed this weekend on the backside of the UV to be able to get those numbers to you. I would be hesitant to give too large a number until I have actual calculation.

Also, I relocated the system this summer from it's original position - at pond level and closer to the pond - pushing through not only the prescreen, but the bio wave plus, UV and the through a Grande bio falls full of Japanese matting.

Orfe
10-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Great! Thanks.

I have made some recent design modifications and still need to update my calculations on friction loss and head pressure for my system, so no great hurry.

I'll send you a private email with a few other questions.

MCA
10-07-2005, 04:41 PM
and for doing only around 3000gph, such as for a Nexus, most folks can use a Wave I 1/8HP, 1/6HP, or 1/4HP...depending on the backpressure on the pump.