PDA

View Full Version : Old pond build

mckoi
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I was thumbing through some photo albums today and came across some photos of my last pond build, so after 2 hours of scanning here they are, hope it gives you an idea of how we do them over here,

mckoi

dcny
03-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Oh man! Great job!!! It looks fantastic. :cool:

I can't believe the next owners didn't want that pond. That's the kind of setup that would get me hooked on koi even if I wasn't already.

-Dan

emmalou
03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I agree...that is beautiful! Could you imagine someone filling that in :sick: :sick: There should be a law :mad: Dan..that looks like a great setup for me..I want the raised pond..and that's a beaut!

Mckoi..how many gallons was that pond again..I know you have it posted somewhere else..but I am being lazy :D:How did you affix the pergola to the pond top?

paulw
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Mike this is the pond that i personally liked from where it was situated to design etc and it wa a shame that it was filled in and a patio made instead if i remember right.

mckoi
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi Gail it was 5200 uk galls aprox.

mckoi

dcny
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Did they at least let you have all the equipment back?

emmalou
03-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks Mc. That is just so sad..what a chuffing waste!

mckoi
03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
They did Dc i took everything i could, including the pergola LOL,thats in my garage at the moment ready to go on the new pond when i get the time, and everything else is on the new pond already, saved me quite a bit of cash actually.

mckoi

forqnc
03-10-2005, 10:18 AM
That's was an awesome looking pond. Thank you for sharing the construction phases with us. A couple of quick questions...

How long did it take from start to finish?

and looking at the last two pictures, I was wondering when you found time, whilst building the pergola, to add the addition to your house? and I guess the neighbour moved his house closer to yours to view the pond better :thinking: :eek: That must be why the bush was cut down :D: :D: :D:
You did a good job and sorry to hear it was filled in.

Mommajoan
03-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I took a pic of the finished pond home to show Hubby I liked it so well!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

emmalou
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
I took a pic of the finished pond home to show Hubby I liked it so well!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Mj..isn't it a great raised pond! I am going to try to get that look in mine..and the pergola is perfect! i have a grape vine or two I would like to re-plant

Wink
03-10-2005, 12:39 PM
McKoi You have Incredible Skill and Talent ...The filtration system is perfectly Layed out , The Plumbing ,The Electrical , Everything is just Perfect .Such a Beautiful job Absolutely perfect I wish i Had Just a little bit of your Skill and Knowledge :cool:

mckoi
03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Cheers Wink your a Gent as are all you ladies and gents for your comments.

Forqnc. It took six months from start to fish going in, that was all the work carried out by myself and my good lady. apart from the fibreglassing. that requires a proffesional to be safe. LOL :rolleyes: some of the pics scanned in upside down and when i flipped them up the right way they also reversed hand as well.

mckoi

forqnc
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Six months :eek:
I tip my hat to you sir.

I figured the pics got reversed :D: :D:

Scott
03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
WOW! Really nice project :yes: