PDA

View Full Version : Tri-State ZNA Koi Health Seminar Feb 16th

azngopher
01-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Koi Health: Winter to Spring presented by Dr. Julius Tepper

Bio: Born and raised in NYC, Dr. Tepper graduated from York College of CUNY in 1971. He then went to Europe to study veterinary medicine, graduating with honors from the Universite de Liege in Brussels, Belgium in 1976. Returning that year to NYC, he began practicing and held a special interest in birds and exotic animals. After many requests from clients, he opened the Long Island Fish Hospital in 1998 to care for the health of pet fish. Dr. Tepper has served as Treasurer of the International Association for Aquatic Animal Medicine, as an Officer on the Executive Board of the World Aquatic Veterinary Medical Association, and as a member of the Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians, Association of Avian Veterinarians, the AVMA and state and local veterinary associations.

With a special interest in ponds, water gardens and koi, Dr. Tepper developed a phytoremedial device for water quality improvement and received a U.S. patent for this invention. Known as “Pond’toons” these are currently in use in ponds, water gardens and in quarantine and treatment tanks for koi. Dr. Tepper has authored many papers on fish health and pond keeping. He has been featured in articles in the New York Times Sunday magazine, the New York Times Long Island section and several feature articles on pond care in Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine. He has appeared on television on the CBS Evening News, News 12 Long Island and the Family Pet.The event will be held at The home Philip And Denise Gray Freeport NY. At 1pm There will be a $20 entrance fee to the seminar and all funds raised will be used to support clubs initiatives.

Please RSVP to tristateznakoi@gmail.com

The Koi Dude
01-18-2013, 11:59 PM
:yahoo:

The Koi Dude
02-06-2013, 11:45 PM
:yes:

The Koi Dude
02-11-2013, 08:48 AM
:d:

bbmc88
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Dr. Tepper has been on a house call to my home in the past, very nice and knowledgeable man.

Koizer
02-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Seems to have a lot of credentials and knowledge. I would love to come but am too far to travel. I have heard some mixed reviews on Dr. Tepper tbh. Still seems like a good guy though.

The Koi Dude
02-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Dr. Tepper has been on a house call to my home in the past, very nice and knowledgeable man.

Hope you can come to the seminar.

azngopher
02-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Seminar is tomorrow.

See you there at a live koi event.

Great opportunity to learn and share along with seeing some nice koi at Phil's.

Best

bbmc88
02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Hope you can come to the seminar.

Wish I could, been tough with a 3 week old right now, but I would love to get more invovled in the area