PDA

View Full Version : Won't be much longer now

chipmaker
02-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I was in the pond today (temp is up to the low 60's already) and was checking on my lillys, and they are full of new shoots, as well as lots of my other plants...

Even my sensitive fern that is totally tropical that I was concerned would freeze with a heavy frost or the rare extreme cold days, is starting to put out new growth along its entire main stem (approx 20 foot on the one that I checked) and others that have been stuck in soil on the ponds bank of lesser length and allowed to root there are also showing new signs of growth........

Of course I had to remove a ton of parrots feather. I pulled 4 trailer loads (lawn & garden type trailer beihind a garden tractor) of it out, and probably have 3 or so more loads of it to pull, but I was starting to get cold from being in that pond water barefoot all day :yes:

Mommajoan
02-12-2005, 07:48 PM
We had a beautiful day...but not that beautiful!!!! I'm glad you got to get in and play today!!!!
maybe it won't be that long for us either :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

savannahrobinson
02-13-2005, 12:13 AM
We had a marvelous day. Brilliant. The first day I really felt the sun since Christmas.

I should be spanked for cursing rain. We have more drought years in this part of the world than wet years.
But I am SICK of the rain.

emmalou
02-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Good news chip....we had half and half today..but the last half was sunny..was supposed to rain..we have enough wet stuff still laying on the ground.

chipmaker
02-13-2005, 11:52 AM
It was forecast to have heavy rains yesterday and today (Sunday) here as well, but yesterday was sunny, birght and a beautiful cloudless blue sky. Today has started off just like yesterday, and already the temp is 73 deg out, sunny but there is a few clouds, but it sure don't look like rain clouds.....

I agree living in parts of Texas, its best to not curse the rains, just like here in my area of Alabama......Everyone around us in the surounding counties last summer had good rainfalls all summer.......My last rain was at the end of April, ..had a very light shower here and there after April, but not enough to do any good, just stir up the dust. I cursed the weather on a hourly basis........my water bill was going sky high keeping the garden and other items watered, and worst of all my pond was going down hill fast in regards to its water level (relies on rainfall and runn off, no spring or stream to feed it)......but then along came old Hurricane Ivan and we got 18 inches of rain in a few hours time..............and things got to be a real mess.......Anymore I am not gonna curse the weather, as I might just get what I hoped for in more ways than one and in quanity more than I asked for.