PDA

View Full Version : Grow out bummer news

Pond,James_Pond
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Anybody else get the bummer email? Only one of my 4 picks is healthy. I've checked the site for replacements and it's kinda slim pickin's now. I had my pick from what, a hundred or so? Now I get to pick from 10? I've responded to Ned's email. Just wondering if others have got the same news.

steve

McKTX
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear that news. What seems to be the problem with the young koi? Anything they will recover from? What a bummer for all concerned.

Pond,James_Pond
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
To me, Ned's email just said they were "damaged". :confused:
My condidence is quite low now, hearing that 3 of 4 fish aren't healthy. This was my first venture into a growout and buying fish "online". So far, I think I made a mistake and should have bought from a local source. "See it, buy it, bag it."

steve

Just Jessie
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Sorry for the trouble you are having, I have many growout fish from different breeders and this is the first time I have heard of an trouble. I still don't know about my fish either. I am not sure what I will do yet either.

curlann
04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I have had to ask for a refund also.:alright:

Noahsnana
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Stuff happens :noidea:

Sorry your are dealing with issues

slmtrm
04-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Pump Puree and ulcer on all of mine.......Definately disappointed, but quick refund....:iamok:

johnni2Bad
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Just received the bummer email too. Can we get replacements from the other selection? I think Carl stated there were about 400 fish for the growout.

Just Jessie
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
My kohaku is not coming. I do have two that are fine. My favorite of my picks was my sanke, and it is fine.

curlann
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Pump Puree and ulcer on all of mine.......Definately disappointed, but quick refund....:iamok:

I have not recieved a refund yet....how long ago did you ask?

Ethan25
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM

Have you called?

curlann
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Have you called?

Yes called, hang on here ....just got an email and its all taken care of. :yes:

Simi Koi
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
yes, when you have a heavily stocked tank, everything is fine if you have a nice big healthy filter. But have the BD pipe clog and the pump burn out and get no circulation for 2 days...well the water quality can go south pretty quickly and aeromonas can show itself. Several koi were damaged as they were caught in the pipe and were either killed or damaged too badly to try and save. This happened to about 5 or 6 koi. Then later, others had small ulcers pop up on the fins or scales due to the water quality issues that followed. At the time I had no other tanks available to move the koi into, so I fixed the pump, added a lot of bacteria, and koizyme and medicated food and hoped for the best. Most of the koi that I am telling you that can't be sent have very minor ulcers. Maybe just one scale or a bit of the fin. But if you ship a fish in that condition, the stress will make the ulcer far worse. They may heal just fine in a month or so and be ready to ship, but they may also get worse, you just never know. So I'd rather just settle it now and issue a refund or find a replacement rather then have to monitor each persons individual fish.

But yes a couple of you had poor luck and several or all yours were lost or had ulcers, others had their entire order ship no problem. Luck of the draw I guess. It seems most of the fish that were not selected made it though just fine...figures.

But several weeks ago I had a tank become available and I moved all the healthy growout koi to their own tank which is much larger and has a lower stocking density. They are all doing well and are ready to be shipped. I have contacted everybody left and let them know the situation with their individual orders.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast. Pipes clog, pumps fail. It's not the first time and it's not the last. And when dealing with large numbers of koi, it happens all the more often. Of course its always worse when it happens on a tank of sold fish.

cindy
04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
glad for the heads up, its always the favorite or sold ones

Pond,James_Pond
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the informative post, Ned. I'll work with you in the next few days and we'll figure something out.

thanks again,
steve

ponyboy2442
04-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Very refreshing to see many honest people on here That is stand up of you

slmtrm
04-20-2010, 03:29 PM
About 2 weeks ago:iamok:

Simi Koi
04-20-2010, 03:36 PM
About 2 weeks ago:iamok:

You got your refund already...didn't you? According to my PayPal records you did. If it went to the wrong e-mail or something let me know.

slmtrm
04-20-2010, 03:40 PM
You got your refund already...didn't you? According to my PayPal records you did. If it went to the wrong e-mail or something let me know.
No Ned I got it, she just asked when i got mine......Thanks and sorry for the mishap, but been there , done that, but I didn't even get a T-shirt:iamok:

andres58
04-20-2010, 05:37 PM
I received my Kohaku in perfect shape some weeks back, past QT and its in the big pond with the herd. Actually this Kohaku has the earmarks of becoming a great quality show Koi. Sorry some KPners did not fend as well. Ned thank you for your honesty and keeping us posted on your difficulties. I'm sure members can understand.

curlann
04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Beautiful! Yeah...its nature. Win some and lose some. Life goes on. There's more fish in the sea.:)

MikeS
04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Still waiting for a reply. What email is working?

Pond,James_Pond
04-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Still waiting for a reply. What email is working?

<ned@simikoi.com>

MikeS
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
all mail I've sent to that address, including today's has been returned

Pond,James_Pond
04-29-2010, 07:33 PM
I recieved my refund today. I'd-a rather had the fish, all of them, they were nice specimens. But stuff happens.:confused2:

Thanks, Ned, for making it right and offering (and delivering) a full refund.

steve

Noahsnana
04-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear it has been addressed

Cowiche Ponder
04-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I never got an email .....???? I have no idea what is going on with my fish.

Ethan25
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
sorry Mary...

MikeS
05-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok fish arrived today, looks great, :punk1: thanks Ned, I'm sure this has been an ordeal for you. For the rest of you, one of my picks survived:yes:

andres58
05-22-2010, 02:26 PM
:yahoo: pictures please......