PDA

View Full Version : help spawning information

lukasz25
03-12-2010, 07:32 AM
:yes:I greet I have several problems and I would ask about help

how do to get to know woman koi ? how to get to know men koi
how to call out spawning koi artificially because not at all almost live in Polish temperature of water comes to 20 degrees C
what the best reservoir to spawning ?
what depth what length
I have 2 summer 3 summer koi
I would ask about picture koi women and men how to get to know that woman is useful to spawning
what temperature to development of spawning ?

koi4u2c
03-12-2010, 07:42 PM
20 C is a good temperature for spawning. As the water temperture increases to 19 C, 20 C, or 21 C the koi are induced to spawn. So warm them to this temperature, or cool them down to this temperature with a light shower of cooler water.

A round tank or pool about 10 foot diameter with water depth of about 18 inches (45.72 centimeters).

Female (woman) koi are more round around the middle (fat) when they have eggs. Female has smooth gill plates.

Male koi are thinner and during breeding season they have rough gill plates. If you rub your finger over the gill plate it will be rough like sand paper. Male koi chase female koi during breeding season.

Welcome to Koiphen.

EricT
03-12-2010, 08:06 PM
First off, WELCOME!

Second, Female koi's fins are rounder, and body's are more fat and plump.
Males koi's fins are pointy, and their body's are skinny.

Its usually good to have a 1•2 ratio. (1 female, and 2 male)

Use water plants, or fake christmas garland. Those temps are fine.

-Eric

CHICHI
03-12-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103600&highlight=sexing+koi&page=7 :yes:

Mature Female Egg Vent :yes:

lukasz25
03-13-2010, 07:21 AM
20 C is a good temperature for spawning. As the water temperture increases to 19 C, 20 C, or 21 C the koi are induced to spawn. So warm them to this temperature, or cool them down to this temperature with a light shower of cooler water.

A round tank or pool about 10 foot diameter with water depth of about 18 inches (45.72 centimeters).

Female (woman) koi are more round around the middle (fat) when they have eggs. Female has smooth gill plates.

Male koi are thinner and during breeding season they have rough gill plates. If you rub your finger over the gill plate it will be rough like sand paper. Male koi chase female koi during breeding season.

Welcome to Koiphen.

it thanks for answer :yes:

I know now already more or less

in what month to do such called out spawning artificially ?:confused:
I would transfer to such reservoir fish and raised temperature to 20 degrees C
loam will last spawning ?:confused:
when to transfer men and women koi to main reservoir ?:confused:
in reservoir to spawning necessary some filter ?:confused:
it after spawning was one needed apply for men some preparations and women koi
I to reservoir of spawning can put several brushes of spawning ?:confused: