Feeling:
      ----

Brady?

L5Vegan is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yet another question for Roddy.
      Since low level PP treatments in the pond do such a good job for you at burning off DOC's and growth inhibitors why did you decide to go with the higher dose separate from the fish in this case?
      Did you see any significant differences with this approach to using PP, than you have seen in the past with the low level treatments in the pond w/ the fish?
      I'm assuming that over the winter they received your standard in pond treatments.
      Dan
      What you see is much less a matter of what you're looking at than where you're looking from.

I don't know much, but there's quite a bit that I choose to believe.

Roddy Conrad is offline The Koiphen Chemist
      is getting younger instead of
      older

Feeling:
      Awesome

There is no difference in results to using PP in the pond versus using PP in water out of the pond to burn off the DOC's, WHEN IT IS DONE IN MY HANDS. However, others seem to have some difficulty understanding how to do it properly in the water with the fish, so I thought I would demonstrate a somewhat "safer" way in the growout experiment for the average ponder.

And, YES, during the winter the growout koi recieved the same treatment as the rest of the school of koi in my inside koi pond, meaning regular low level PP burnouts. The growth rate is a lot less in the winter in the inside pond, since I don't heat it. Since it is on a cold basement floor, water temperature runs in the low 60's to high 50's all winter, and the koi don 't eat as much or grow as much at that lower temperature. But they do grow some.
      Still working at a big chemical plant full time at age 77 now. Still using potassium permanganate to regularly clean up the pond and the koi. Have developed a package of age regression technology to become younger instead of older. Doing great!

Brady Brandwood is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Showas,...

Congratulations Roddy, Doug, & Chris for your excellent results and recognition in growing and raising your Showas!!!

The "tategoi" portion was good tough competetion, with several Showas in consideration. Tough because my Showas tend to finish slowly over several years, and we only watched them for one, and several were still showing very underdeveloped coloration, but excellent promise. These Koi are all just 24 months old at this point. The females could take 8 to 10 years to fully develop.

Some characteristics I took into consideration were

body shape (at the age), size, or growth over the 1 year period - which offers an indicator of the future size potential as adult,

the pattern potential - with the future of the pattern and overall balance playing a large role,

and the "look" of the beni, and the sumi at this size and age.

All of the "now" photos showed beni that was destined to become more thick and solid - including Roddy's S7, which at first glance looks to be finishing, but actually has a lot of very positive color development still to happen in the future.

The Koi that won "Best Tategoi" had the best package overall to be labelled "The Showa with the most future potential".

Many thanks to all who participated with my American born Showas! We have a lot to be proud of when we look at the results of the grow-out competetion across the board. Roddy grew his Showa to the largest Koi of the entire competition! Very impressive!

Best Wishes,
      Brady Brandwood

Brady Brandwood is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Showa update,... 6/08

Sandy recently sent me a new photo of her Showa from the KoiPhen Lotus Land Koi Farm Grow-Out.

This Showa went on to be awarded Young Grand Champion at the Southern Koi Expo. Here's a comparison of her development, from tosai, when she got it, to now. Sandy's done an excellent job raising this fish!

Best Wishes,
      Brady Brandwood

Rudy is offline WWKC Lifetime Diamond Member #1
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Well Limpet (Rick) showed his today and I noticed that this thing went dead.
      I'd like to see more that came from Brady since we now have more coming.

I know that this one has been sen before but to get it started here is mine. Rick please join in and the rest that also received them.
      Roddy ... hello

>>
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      W W K C KPOTY 08

"Ain't that the cutest little bottle of Jack you ever did see?" ... Kathryn Winstead 10/2007 Fall Harvest

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."-- Voltaire

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity and make it work for you."-- Frank Zappa

"There is love of course. And then there's life, its enemy." ... Jean Anouilh

Member # 106
      MPKS

12/14/07 I became a B mouth
      Made 10 grand 3/4/2010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123