• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New "Story" thread- help needed

matherfish is offline Senior Member
      is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

I followed with the group as we headed down a path, walking among the stones, algae a few plants and muck. We had not traveled far when in front of us were hundreds of plants, probably more. This could probably be called a lily plant forest.
      "This is just one of the places like this," William stated. They are so thick you can't get through them, and they are this way as far as you can go in either direction, with few open areas between. In fact, where we all live is in one of the few open areas, and it is getting smaller."
      I stared at the huge lilies, with thick leaves and monstrous stems. I wondered how big their roots must be, and the tubers that held them together. There was no way to cut them apart, especially not having a knife, or even better, an ax.
      'So what is your plan?" I asked William, hoping he had something practical and possible in mind.
      Sunfire Hardy Water Lily now available
      See my Pro Seller store on Koiphen

“People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care”
      ― Zig Ziglar

Koiphen 2019 Koi Person of the Year!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

"We have been neglected," came a voice from somewhere in the plants. "We have been allowed to grow and multiply to where we are now overcrowded."
      I could not respond. T his voice was coming from a plant? How was that possible? I had forgotten that the China Marker moth had talked. I had forgotten for the moment that I was living under water without drowning, talking, walking etc. This was no ordinary place, so why shouldn't the plants talk? I wondered what other strange things might go on in this sci fi world? People ride koi, bugs and animals grow huge, and we can't escape!
      I was so deep in thought that I did not hear William talking, as well as the others standing there. They were all telling me thing at one time and i could not follow any conversation. Finally, I shouted, "One at a time. So the plants are upset. What does that have to do with our being here?"
      One of the men, who I had learned was named Louis, said that the plants were keeping us in the subterranean lake but they did not know how. The plants demanded that something be done to relieve their problem before they would allow the humans to escape.
      This had to be a dream. i started thinking about the last meal I ate. Could that be the answer to this nightmare?
      "Suppose I go along with this unreal whatever it is? Why am i the answer to your problem? What do the plants want?"
      William answered, "They want to be spread out." They want to go into different places, new homes. new environments."
      I blurted out, "How can we do that? We have no tools, and they are massive!"
      This time Peggy answered, "Each plant in this world has a "twin" plant in our world. Your vast number of plants are part of their problem."
      "We do not have many plants so we cannot relieve their crowding, but you can," William inserted.
      Louis stated, "you need to disperse as many plants as possible." The others were nodding their heads and murmuring phrases of agreement.
      "So, how can I do that when I, like you, am trapped here?"
      "You have been chronicling your time here. People are reading your tale. You can get the message out."
      "What message," I thought.

― Zig Ziglar

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

What was the message that I was to get out? What could I do to help solve the problem of over crowding in places? Was this some kind of an elaborate joke that I was falling for? I looked around and saw the expressions on the 6 other people standing with me. They all were looking at me as though waiting for me to deliver world peace. Perhaps to be able to get us out of this world of water would be the equivalent to walking on water! It certainly would be no more of a miracle than our ability to live in the water.
      They continued to look at me. No one was answering me now, whereas earlier they had all been speaking at one time. It was as though they thought i would spew out some extraordinary solution and we would all wake up back home in Aunt Em's beds in Kansas. All we needed to do was click our heels!
      I looked at the plants. I couldn't believe it, but I asked the plants, "what do you want me to do?" Remarkably, there was a reply.
      "Matherfish, you are overstocked with plants, especially lilies. You need to sell them quickly and very cheaply to diversify them to as many places as possible to correct this situation. You have a good reputation and many people have been following your story. Now is the time to reward them."
      "is that all? That would be easy, and I needed to do it. So what should I offer?" I asked myself.
      I would have the offer on my professional grower page by this afternoon, central time.

― Zig Ziglar

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

The first two offers have been posted. Three more specials are still to come!

― Zig Ziglar

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

The story is almost over. Two more offers posted today for bulk amounts of lilies. Great deals!

― Zig Ziglar

is blessed

Feeling:
      Happy

"Lotuses now available!" shouted the lilies as I told them I had sold many lilies and sent them to other less crowded places. There were still lots to go but the plants seemed to be exuberant that I was downsizing. "You will all soon be free, and we will be free from the overcrowding, the plants started chanting.
      William, Louis and the others started joining in the chant, and it was almost like I had committed some act of heroism. Maybe I have. My babies are leaving the nest.

― Zig Ziglar

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123