• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 14 of 14

    Thread: Blue eco problem

    1. #1
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450

      Blue eco problem

      I put my blue eco on my pond in garage. The rdf started to wash then stopped. I'm using a pressure tank and maybe that is the problem. Need help fast as the rdf is on bypass

    2. #2
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450
      So the Hudson valve is stuck open and seems to have pressure. Water is dribbling out of the spray bar. I didnt use the rdf for like 6 months so idk what is going on

    3. #3
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450
      Spray nozzles were clogged.hopefully this helps

    4. #4
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450
      All 6 spray nozzles were blocked. Cleaned them and it is working good now

    5. #5
      DragonFireSG is online now Senior Member
      is fat and well fed.
       
      Feeling:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Singapore
      Posts
      608
      Lo. How are your blue pressure tubes holding up? I'm not sure if its the warm climate here, but mine don't last long. Got sick of changing em out and had em replaced with 8mm fluoropolymer tubes a process engineer friend recommended. They're rated for 15bar and are UV immune. Bit pricey and stiff, but if it solves my headaches and leaks, it'll be worth it. Far easier to work than stainless steel hard tube. I'll report back in another 6 months on em.

    6. #6
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450
      Quote Originally Posted by DragonFireSG View Post
      Lo. How are your blue pressure tubes holding up? I'm not sure if its the warm climate here, but mine don't last long. Got sick of changing em out and had em replaced with 8mm fluoropolymer tubes a process engineer friend recommended. They're rated for 15bar and are UV immune. Bit pricey and stiff, but if it solves my headaches and leaks, it'll be worth it. Far easier to work than stainless steel hard tube. I'll report back in another 6 months on em.
      So far they are ok. I've only had the rdf going for a day now. I am getting a little nervous about the lines in that you mentioned it. The profidrum was to big to fit in the space I had in the garage, so had to use the blue eco. I might just bypass it all together and just use gold pans on top of the shower like okcfan does. Really not much waste being produced and water is cold and not feeding much

    7. #7
      icu2's Avatar
      icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying
       
      Feeling:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Poulsbo, WA
      Posts
      25,989
      My BE is about 3 years old and when I converted it the blue 8mm hoses were still working fine.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

      "It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

    8. #8
      vipertom1970 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      California
      Posts
      3,333
      LOL, I check in once every couple weeks and still see Kevin struggling with Blue Eco RDF. Use it to convert into a nice shinny BBQ
      Last edited by vipertom1970; 4 Days Ago at 12:48 AM.

    9. #9
      OCkoiFan's Avatar
      OCkoiFan is online now Supporting Member
      is Don’t let yesterday use
      up too much of today
       
      Feeling:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      3,373
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      So far they are ok. I've only had the rdf going for a day now. I am getting a little nervous about the lines in that you mentioned it. The profidrum was to big to fit in the space I had in the garage, so had to use the blue eco. I might just bypass it all together and just use gold pans on top of the shower like okcfan does. Really not much waste being produced and water is cold and not feeding much
      Are you talking about my genius gold pans sieve invention hahaha
      FYI Right now I can flow 7-10000LPHand just spray the pan twice a day
      I love my set up and it does not has to be a drum for gunk removal
      Vipertom is too lazy forget him
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by OCkoiFan; 4 Days Ago at 12:53 AM.
      M.Nguyen


    10. #10
      icu2's Avatar
      icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying
       
      Feeling:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Poulsbo, WA
      Posts
      25,989
      Quote Originally Posted by vipertom1970 View Post
      LOL, I check in once every couple weeks and still see Kevin struggling with Blue Eco RDF. Use it to convert into a nice shinny BBQ
      Naw, just stick a motor and electric solenoid on it and it works like a charm.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

      "It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

    11. #11
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450
      Quote Originally Posted by OCkoiFan View Post
      Are you talking about my genius gold pans sieve invention hahaha
      FYI Right now I can flow 7-10000LPHand just spray the pan twice a day
      I love my set up and it does not has to be a drum for gunk removal
      Vipertom is too lazy forget him
      Yes I was. It is a pretty good idea. My rdf has not cycled 1 time since I've moved the fish so the rdf seems a bit overkill. My profidrum was cycling every 10 minutes when a was feeding 6x a day. I have not fed them in about 7 days

    12. #12
      DragonFireSG is online now Senior Member
      is fat and well fed.
       
      Feeling:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Singapore
      Posts
      608
      Quote Originally Posted by vipertom1970 View Post
      LOL, I check in once every couple weeks and still see Kevin struggling with Blue Eco RDF. Use it to convert into a nice shinny BBQ
      Heh I don't think I posted about my latest pain. About a month ago, the spray bar union on my unit cracked. I rebuilt almost the entire spray assembly with new pressure rated pipe and fittings.
      Quite the adventutre. The cracked union was epoxied solid to the spray bar and had to be dremelled off. The new union was JB welded in place. Thing works like a charm... for now.

      Btw when I was talking to a German RDF engineer, an interesting thing was mentioned that I didn't consider before.

      Letting the clean water side of any RDF run dry is a very bad idea. Water weighs a lot, and a fully choked drum might warp, and might even rupture if the build quality is sub par *ahem*

      ==

      Mmm. Take out all the plastic parts and a BE might make a **** good smoker.

    13. #13
      Nguyen365 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Location
      Bakersfield ca
      Posts
      112
      Quote Originally Posted by OCkoiFan View Post
      Are you talking about my genius gold pans sieve invention hahaha
      FYI Right now I can flow 7-10000LPHand just spray the pan twice a day
      I love my set up and it does not has to be a drum for gunk removal
      Vipertom is too lazy forget him
      What’s inside he blue barrel Mitch?

    14. #14
      kevin32's Avatar
      kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Brentwood, ca up north
      Posts
      7,450
      The nozzles were all blocked with calcium from it sitting. Crazy with the pond in the garage and and the temps cooling by rdf is cycling like once a day now.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •