• Tired

Thread: 100 Microns Sieve Screen Buying Opportunity

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

100 Microns Sieve Screen Buying Opportunity

By popular demand we are offering a chance to order a custom 100 Microns Sieve Screen than can be swapped into your existing Zakki Sieves, or can come with your new Zakki Sieve as an option.If you are ordering a replacement 100 Microns Screen, then I will install all of the hardware onto the screen and get them setup to fit into most sieve filters. However each filter is just a little different in width for the screen so some modification may be required on your end to get an exact fit.If you are choosing the 100 Microns Screen as a factory option, then the screen will be fit perfectly for the sieve you are ordering.In order to make this custom screen purchase a reality we will need get enough pre-orders gathered together to start a production run. Making custom screens is a VERY expensive thing to do unless we can spread the setup costs over multiple screens. We will need commitments for 12 small sieve screens and 12 large screens in order to make this happen at the pricing listed. If we get close but not all the way to 12 screens in each size I may have to update the pricing a little to offset the additional costs, but we will cross that bridge if we get there.

Replacement 100 Micron Screen for 16" Zakki Sieve = $350
      Replacement 100 Micron Screen for 24" Zakki Sieve = $425
      If you want the 100 Microns Screen to come with a new Zakki Sieve purchase than please note that in the comments section of the order form. There is no extra charge for the 100 Microns Screen Option

Please let me know if you have any extra questions. I will periodically update those interested in this opportunity to let you know how many people have joined the group buy and how long I anticipate the delivery time to be. As of now I expect delivery of these screen in about 3 months, or faster if people order now.
      Zac Penn.... Please sign-up for our MAILING LIST HERE
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

abuchi123 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

How much impact would the smaller openings have on the max flow rate?

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

The flow rate would remain just about the same. The change would be in the frequency that you would have to clean the screen.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Jonathan1982 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Penn View Post
      The flow rate would remain just about the same. The change would be in the frequency that you would have to clean the screen.
      Hi Zac,
      By cleaning do you mean backwashing what the screen will catch or the opening being clogged up due to biofilm or other stuff. Also, can you please share some insights as to how to clean the biofilm from the screen? Thanks in advance.

jimfish98 is offline Supporting Member
      is not losing sleep over the
      opinion of sheep

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan1982 View Post
      Hi Zac,
      By cleaning do you mean backwashing what the screen will catch or the opening being clogged up due to biofilm or other stuff. Also, can you please share some insights as to how to clean the biofilm from the screen? Thanks in advance.
      I have had a 100m screen in mine for some time now. Spray down is normal cleaning and you can spray it from the back as well to help clean it out. On occasion the bio-film needs to get removed as it can clog flow. For that I have just let mine soak in a bucket with bleach and water. It seems to do the trick. Keep in mind if you have a 250m screen and it catching a ton of stuff due to leaves and such, making this move might not be the best idea as it will catch far more than the 250 and could clog regularly. On a brighter note, Zac's sieves keep water flowing in that scenario.

Diamond Lifetime Member #95!
      Just because its not a Great Koi doesn't mean its not a Great Koi...Me circa 2013

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Hi Zac,
      Every 3-4 weeks during winter, and possibly every other week in summer, you should physically remove the screen, spray it down with the hose, and then spray the screen with standard bleach and let it soak for 60 seconds. I prefer to us e a fine stiff bristled brush to scrub the screen during the soaking time (a clean toilet brush works well) to help remove the dying micro-organisms due to the bleach. After 60 seconds, spray it down again with the hose to wash off the bleach, and reinstall the screen. Now that you have completely killed the organisms it will take weeks for them to regain a stronghold on the VEE wires, and you problems will end. You still need to stay on top of your screen cleaning to make sure it doesn’t clog with pond waste, but the micro-organisms have been taken care of.
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Jonathan1982 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Penn View Post
      Every 3-4 weeks during winter, and possibly every other week in summer, you should physically remove the screen, spray it down with the hose, and then spray the screen with standard bleach and let it soak for 60 seconds. I prefer to us e a fine stiff bristled brush to scrub the screen during the soaking time (a clean toilet brush works well) to help remove the dying micro-organisms due to the bleach. After 60 seconds, spray it down again with the hose to wash off the bleach, and reinstall the screen. Now that you have completely killed the organisms it will take weeks for them to regain a stronghold on the VEE wires, and you problems will end. You still need to stay on top of your screen cleaning to make sure it doesn’t clog with pond waste, but the micro-organisms have been taken care of.
      Thank you Zac and Jim. I would interested in a 100 micron screen. Do I just go the webpage and order from there? Does it include shipping?

Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Thank you Zac and Jim. I would interested in a 100 micron screen. Do I just go the webpage and order from there? Does it include shipping?
      Yes, Please follow the appropriate link in the first post and purchase your screen there. Shipping will be added to your order through the website.
      Thanks,
      Zac
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com