• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: raised scales.

vintagedollz is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

raised scales.

My sweetheart chagoi, has some raised scales, Not dropsy. but they're raised and translucent. She is also white around her mouth (no fuzz, just a colour change) and she has lost the colour in the very tips of her scales and tail. She is eating well, active, will hand feed. She seems fine other than the scale thing. Im concerned, I cant find anything about it anywhere. Only articles for scales falling off. She hasnt lost any. They're just no the same colour. I tried wiping them down, and using h2o2, She's had a potassium treatment. Anyone?

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Raised scales is pretty much dropsy and a sign of organ failure. Salting to .6 all at once will help with the excessive fluids. A pic would really help
      Last edited by kevin32; 10-18-2018 at 12:07 AM.

maruzo is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by vintagedollz View Post
      My sweetheart chagoi, has some raised scales, Not dropsy. but they're raised and translucent. She is also white around her mouth (no fuzz, just a colour change) and she has lost the colour in the very tips of her scales and tail. She is eating well, active, will hand feed. She seems fine other than the scale thing. Im concerned, I cant find anything about it anywhere. Only articles for scales falling off. She hasnt lost any. They're just no the same colour. I tried wiping them down, and using h2o2, She's had a potassium treatment. Anyone?
      This is very bad. Several of mine were like that (raised scales) when my water parameter crashed with heavy Nitrite. None of them survived. One of them actually got better, scale returned to normal. This is after repeated treatments. However, a few months later the symptom returned and she went to the great pasture shortly after.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007