• Tired

Thread: Plant ID

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is Hot hot hot!!!!!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Plant ID

I'm pretty sure I know what they are, but I want to see if I'm correct! Can anyone with certainty identify this plant and it's berries?

Name:  IMG_1262.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  145.1 KB Name:  IMG_1261.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  123.5 KB. Name:  IMG_1258.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  171.6 KB

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

is Hot hot hot!!!!!

Feeling:
      Awesome

No one, eh? I actually decided to Google my suspicions, and I was correct! The plant that I accidentally cut up, is: a Goji berry!!!! When I found a ton of berries interspersed in my butterfly bush, I thought it was something poisonous. I did plant Goji berries years ago and never got anything and I assumed that my gardener pulled them up. Lo and behold, I have Goji berries! and a lot of them!! I did accidentally cut this branch off, but there are still a lot left. I put the branch in the waterfall, checking to see if maybe it will sprout roots and I can replant it.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

gander is online now Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD ~ 2018 KPOTY
      is birds flying high you know how
      I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

The only thing I could find with the same shape of fruit in my North American wildlife book was a nightshade, and after you said what they were I googled it and it says Goji is a member of the nightshade family
      "most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Goki56 is offline Moderator ~ WWKC BOD ~ WWKC President
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Friendly

Nancy, I moved your thread to Ask the Gardeners forum to generate some more responses...
      Gordana

Nevermore is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I started one from a cutting years ago. I cut in early fall before winter rolled in and it settled in over winter and was ready to go out to the ground in the spring. Years later I got berries.... Buuuut... None tasted worth eating. I've never had goji berries.... But mine didn't have much taste. I pulled up the bush in the following years. how did yours taste ?

is Hot hot hot!!!!!

Feeling:
      Awesome

And here I thought I was going nuts, because I couldn't find the thread I thought I posted. So I went back and looked for posts that I did! I am not completely nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Goki56 View Post
      Nancy, I moved your thread to Ask the Gardeners forum to generate some more responses...

Favorite Quotes:

is Hot hot hot!!!!!

Feeling:
      Awesome

They don't taste all that good, a bit on the bitter side. But, they are supposed to be filled with antioxidants! However, even now that is being called into question

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
      I started one from a cutting years ago. I cut in early fall before winter rolled in and it settled in over winter and was ready to go out to the ground in the spring. Years later I got berries.... Buuuut... None tasted worth eating. I've never had goji berries.... But mine didn't have much taste. I pulled up the bush in the following years. how did yours taste ?

Favorite Quotes: