• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UV - Condition upon arrival Supplier contact info?

LoriP is offline Senior Member
      is off on a new adventure

Feeling:
      ----

UV - Condition upon arrival Supplier contact info?

****update at the request of the supplier***** I was contacted by the supplier who is going to make this right and ship a new unit. He corresponded with me a few minutes ago.

Marketed as new. Paid full price, paid for 2nd day. Got sent ground, retailer won't make it right on the shipping then this.

It arrived today, both bulb ends have busted contacts. Shards inside the bulb from the contacts breaking through the retainer board. Unit has residue and pvc grit on the connectors as if someone has forced them on and stripped them.

The label is worn and can't read the print anymore.

I won't name the retailer unless that's ok but does anyone have a contact at Fritz Fish Ponds in New Jersey that could be pursuaded to talk to me? I found that to be the supplier that direct shipped for the retailer but the guy the retailer works with won't take my calls or respond to me. I get that.. It's the retailer's responsibility to make it right but all the retailer is doing is throwing the supplier under the bus. Meanwhile I've been screwed so many times during this transaction *I* should be getting paid.

Name:  20180917_174156.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  34.5 KB
      Name:  20180917_174150.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  38.3 KB
      Name:  20180917_173612.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  47.2 KB
      Name:  20180917_173536.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  69.8 KB
      Name:  20180917_173411.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  40.6 KB
      Name:  20180917_173211.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  30.1 KB
      Name:  20180917_173107.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  48.6 KB
      Name:  20180917_173050.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  38.8 KB
      Name:  20180917_171116.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  41.0 KB
      Last edited by LoriP; 09-18-2018 at 05:26 PM.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Tell them you are calling your credit card company to fill a dispute and if that doens't work just call your CC and file a dispute.

When you get the money back make your next purchase from a dealer that supports the forum and you won't have to worry about this kind of thing. http://www.cascade-pond-supply.com/E...ers-p-501.html

Feeling:
      ----

I searched and only found three retailers that listed this unit and none of them appeared to be members here. Most stated out of stock and they had no estimate of when any would be in stock. I looked at that site while I searched. They don't list the 110. Only up to the 75
      Last edited by LoriP; 09-17-2018 at 09:26 PM.

ricshaw is offline Senior Member
      is who misses his Koi.

Feeling:
      Bemused

Quote Originally Posted by LoriP View Post
      does anyone have a contact at Fritz Fish Ponds in New Jersey that could be pursuaded to talk to me?
      It is Fitz's Fish Ponds is New Jersey.

http://www.fitzfishponds.com

I agree that you need to contact your credit card company to settle this dispute.

Feeling:
      ----

Sorry. Yes I spelled it wrong. I have called them and even have a name but he won't return my call. I have started the dispute process with PayPal which is how I paid. I was just hoping someone might have some more insight or a name at Fitz I could ask for to provide them my side of the story and the hundred different ways the retailer tried to blame them. From all I've read and researched on Fitz people seem to be happy if they are doing direct business with them. Just hoped for a new name to contact. Thanks everybody. I was almost over the shipping fiasco and was excited to to be able to install this tonight and then it arrived a mess.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I searched and only found three retailers that listed this unit and none of them appeared to be members here. Most stated out of stock and they had no estimate of when any would be in stock. I looked at that site while I searched. They don't list the 110. Only up to the 75
      The 110 is no longer being made and has been replaced with newer models this is why you are unable to find the available and probably why you got an old unit.

Edit: I said that and then found this. Not that I see it available in the US

Last edited by tbullard; 09-17-2018 at 11:32 PM.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

110 evo lights haven't been sold in 2 years I believe. I have 2 of them and I won't even resell them. Most likely it got damaged in shipping as many did and the seller is just dodging it. I had a used one shipped and bulbs were separate for the uv and was fine. Imo the evo sucks and would never buy again

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC President
      ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is sorry otters exist

Feeling:
      Annoyed

Just to clarify if needed in the future, if you'd like to give specific vendor feedback it can be done
      in the Vendor Feedback Forum:

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/forumd...ODERATED-FORUM
      --Steve

Koiphen 2021 Koi Person of the Year!

Feeling:
      ----

I'd have been fine with a new in the box unit regardless how long it had been on the shelf and even if it had been sold as refurbed at a fair price I'd have been happy with that too. I wanted it for its 2 inch ports and it's specs matched well with my pond and the gph of the pump I intended to put it on. May as well ask.. Since it looks like I'm gonna be having this thing returned and it doesn't seem there's any more of them to be had, any suggestions for a comparable unit with regard to output wattage, flow rate, and 2 inch ports? I was hoping not to have to plumb in two if there's a single unit that'll do the job.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I haven't seen much info about this one but it could work and the price is good.

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...-FREE-SHIPPING

more info here https://www.advantageman.com/85_Watt...r_p/uvpm85.htm

Name:  uv4.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  104.6 KB

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

ricshaw is offline Senior Member
      is who misses his Koi.

Feeling:
      Bemused

I'd have been fine with a new in the box unit regardless how long it had been on the shelf and even if it had been sold as refurbed at a fair price I'd have been happy with that too. I wanted it for its 2 inch ports and it's specs matched well with my pond and the gph of the pump I intended to put it on. May as well ask.. Since it looks like I'm gonna be having this thing returned and it doesn't seem there's any more of them to be had, any suggestions for a comparable unit with regard to output wattage, flow rate, and 2 inch ports? I was hoping not to have to plumb in two if there's a single unit that'll do the job.
      Mystic Koi https://mystickoi.com/uv-lights

Feeling:
      ----

Yeah, I watched that video earlier today when I saw the condition of this thing trying to figure out what the heck was going on and to get a good look at the label to see if it was possible the label had been smudged that way on purpose to hide something like a mfg date or model number

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Pentair aquatics 80 watt is what I'll run. They were emperador aquatics and are really good..I've used the 110 evo, 25 watt aqua uv, and 80 watt tse koi uv. I'll try the pentair for my next uv

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tbullard View Post
      I haven't seen much info about this one but it could work and the price is good.

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...-FREE-SHIPPING

more info here https://www.advantageman.com/85_Watt...r_p/uvpm85.htm

Name:  uv4.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  104.6 KB
      I like this if I could only find out more. I saw the flow rates and dimensions and pipe size but nothing more technical than that at the mfg site or the member site that is selling it. Birdman I believe is reselling?
      Last edited by LoriP; 09-18-2018 at 01:16 AM.

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC President
      ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is sorry otters exist

Feeling:
      Annoyed

I like this if I could only find out more. I saw the flow rates and dimensions and pipe size but nothing more technical than that at the mfg site or the member site that is selling it. Birdman I believe is reselling?
      Yes, Birdman is Steve Joneli at High Desert Koi... give him a call:

541-408-3317

http://highdesertkoi.com/uv-sterilizers/
      --Steve

Koiphen 2021 Koi Person of the Year!

birdman is offline DIY Savant
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sadly the EA Evo UV quality went down the tube, and because EA EVO would not give the importer any support are no longer being imported to the states.
      The Advantage UV is out of stock and not sure when they will be back.
      I have not had any warranty needs from Anjon or Aqua Ultraviolet.

Feeling:
      ----

I'm starting to feel lost. I've looked at the Aqua Ultraviolet SL100 and it's got a max flow rate of up to 20k gallons assuming 1 to 1.5 hour turnover and 50% plant coverage and partial shade. I can't meet the shade requirement. I am not going to meet the plant coverage requirement.. That's pretty much why I chose the Evo 110 because the stated specs said clarification for my volume with a turnover of 2 to 3 hours and the flow was within the range for the pump I was going to put it on.

So would that tend to imply that in the Aqua Ultraviolet line the classic 240 watt would be a better choice than the SL100?

So... Any suggestions for 16k gallons, little bit of early morning shade but full sun for most of the rest of the day. Plant coverage, nothing noteworthy. Just some floaters up in the old baby pool area.
      Last edited by LoriP; 09-18-2018 at 12:47 PM.

kby103 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Do you have a filtration system that would accommodate a drop-in UV or are you pretty much limited to the in-line? I have a 13K system with pretty much full sun and a 75 watt UV in my RDF keeps everything kosher (moving about 13K GPH)

Feeling:
      ----

Do you have a link to this drop in? Brand and model maybe? The bottom drain loop is returned via airlift, the skimmer->sand and gravel->shower/tower->waterfall side is pump driven. Drop in could be accomplished maybe in the last set of tanks that feed the airlift depending on its design. The water exiting those is pretty clean. I stuck a 250 micron screen on those tanks exit pipes the other day just to see what might be getting past them and after an hour all that had caught in the screen was a few tiny pieces of very fine dust particles. I half expected to see them clogged beyond all salvaging so that was encouraging.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast