• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: FS - complete koi pond (liner, pump, filter, skimmer, waterfall & UV light)

manuMatic is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

FS in NorCal - complete koi pond (liner, pump, filter, skimmer, waterfall & UV light)

Hello there!
      In preparation for home sale, we are getting rid of a complete koi pond with everything you need except fish.
      Rubber liner is kidney shaped and holds approximately 4,000 gallons.
      Bead filter is a Tse Koi Inc ABF3, which is rated for 4,500 gallons. It is 19" in diameter and 37" tall.
      Biofalls waterfall and signature skimmer are made by Aquascape.
      There are a few other odds and ends we will throw in, such as an air pump and 20lb bag of koi food.

Everything is fully functional and ready for a new home.
      I am keeping the system intact to show functionality but will do or at least help with draining and disassembly.
      A truck can be pulled up to within 20 feet of the pond.
      There are a some sizable rocks, especially around the waterfall that I would like to go as well, but they can be left behind if not needed.

I'm sure you're aware of what this type of setup would cost new.
      We're asking for $1,000 but will entertain any reasonable offer.
      Not looking to part out unless there is a generous offer on a portion of the components.

Located in San Mateo, CA.

IMG_2273.jpg
      IMG_1141.jpg
      IMG_1143.jpg
      IMG_1146.jpg
      IMG_1144.jpg
      IMG_1244.JPG
      Last edited by manuMatic; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:33 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

100+ views and no responses?

I know it's customarily frowned upon to comment on the price unless you're an interested party, but given that I have no idea how to price this thing, I'm quite open to feedback.

Thanks in advance!

BWG is offline Senior Member
      is 999875421235621456478541.1

Feeling:
      Happy

I am in a different part of the country and prices might be different than yours.

Used liner has little value. Pumps, filters, skimmers if in good condition and not exceptionally old start price negotiation at 50% the cost of new. This is with the equipment already disassembled and ready to pick up. Buried like yours and needing dug out expect a lot less, possibly zero to compensate for labor. Landscaping blocks and rocks are usually given away if they have to be torn down and hauled away. Sometimes I have seen people get 10 to 30% of new and other times people have to pay to get them hauled away.

OCkoiFan is online now Supporting Member
      is Don’t let yesterday use
      up too much of today

Feeling:
      Cool

Truth hurt
      I really don’t want to come and take all that rocks and remove the liner and equipments
      Where would People hold the Koi meantime ?
      You better off selling koi and equipments saparately on Craigslist as I don’t really see any attraction to those pond grade quality
      And figure out a way to fill everything unless the new owner may have interest in keeping the pond then that is a win win situation
      M.Nguyen

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thank you for your valuable input, BWG.
      I have lowered the asking price by 50% and made the hauling away of rocks optional.
      I also added that the reason I've kept everything intact is to be able to easily show functionality.

OCkoiFan: Koi had already been sold, which is why the second line of my ad reads "complete koi pond with everything you need except fish" where except means not including.
      I had a bit more trouble understanding the rest of your response, but I'm quite curious what you meant by "I donít really see any attraction to those pond grade quality".
      Most prospective buyers of this type of home would consider the pond a drowning hazard, so I am most definitely planning to redo the landscaping once the pond components have been removed.

IAmHolland: If the bead filter is worth $1,275 and filter head is $475, not to mention tax, shipping, and filter element cost, what in the world makes you think it's only worth $100 now?
      I appreciate your labor estimate, but since the filter has a self-drain option, I was able to have it disconnected and out in well under an hour.
      Unless you're planning to take a dive inside the filter, which would have to mean you're quite small, I just don't see how you'd be covered in poop.
      To re-iterate, the system is currently fully functional, and since the Koi is long gone, I really wouldn't expect much poop to be left in there.
      Lastly, what do you mean when you say the filter is effectively unbranded? Do you mean you don't recognize the brand, or do you deny it's existence?

I came to this forum looking for "the one", so I guess I'll just wait and think lucky thoughts.
      Last edited by manuMatic; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:09 PM.

jcardona1 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Having owned one of Tse Koi's bead filters (ABF5 model) I'd consider myself lucky if somebody gave me $100 for it I think what BWG stated above is accurate as far as used values go.

OCkoiFan was talking about the quality of the koi themselves; as in nothing special, just your average pond-grade koi.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks for the additional information and heads up about the upcoming Tse Koi closure.

I was definitely thinking the buyer would be someone who is interested in setting up a koi pond and not someone trying to resell the parts.
      Realistically, I just want this stuff out of here, which is why I'm wide open to any offers on the whole shebang.

This is the pump being used:
      https://www.amazon.com/Pondmaster-02.../dp/B002DW0H8S

Cheers,
      ~Alan
      Last edited by manuMatic; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:05 PM.