• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Pond pump .!!

Jasonhdz956 is offline Koiphen Kid
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Pond pump .!!

Would anybody happen to have a pond pump they would be willing to donate.? Iím in need of one and I was wondering if this community would be a kind club that will help others. If you are willing to donate a pond pump , or any pump at all, doesnít gave to be big or expensive. It could be any kind of any gallons per hour. Iíd appreciate it. Thank you guys. Let me know.

kimini is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

What is the pump being used for that size doesn't matter? If it's for a garden fountain, fine, but if it's for a proper koi pond, it makes a world of difference.

Even a free pump costs money to run, so it's not like there aren't costs associated with this. If it's for a pond and money is so tight that a pump can't be purchased, maybe a pond isn't a good idea. Just sayin'
      Last edited by kimini; 08-07-2018 at 12:34 PM.

trandd is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

It is not unreasonable to pay for old pumps. I've been buying old pumps my whole life to save money.
      On the other hand, it's perfectly fine if one is asking for donation. But please keep in mind that if none is given for free, it doesn't mean that this group is not kind.

catfish whiskers is online now Supporting Member
      is Busy and

Feeling:
      Tired

When I was a kid , I worked at an aquarium store . Before that , I mowed lawns in the neighborhood to save money for fish. This hobby has stayed with Me for almost 60 years now , and I’m happy to see Youngsters like You enjoying the hobby.
      Why don’t You offer to trade Your time , for things that You want . If You were in My area , I’d be happy to help You.

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

It is the way of the current generation. Maybe he should set up a go fund me and ask us to all donate a little so he can buy what he wants. Sure beats getting a job.

kimini is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by catfish whiskers View Post
      When I was a kid , I worked at an aquarium store . Before that , I mowed lawns in the neighborhood to save money for fish. This hobby has stayed with Me for almost 60 years now , and Iím happy to see Youngsters like You enjoying the hobby.
      Why donít You offer to trade Your time , for things that You want . If You were in My area , Iíd be happy to help You.
      As a kid, during the week we searched for golf balls off the fairways, then sold them back to golfers on Saturdays.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask for a donation, though I'd be better with the post had it said something like "if you have a pump you no longer want and want to get rid of it, I'll pay shipping", but that's just me.
      Last edited by kimini; 08-07-2018 at 12:57 PM.

trandd is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tbullard View Post
      It is the way of the current generation. Maybe he should set up a go fund me and ask us to all donate a little so he can buy what he wants. Sure beats getting a job.
      You reminded me of my late neighbor's daughter. The mother got murdered on New Year Eve after throwing New Year Eve party at her home. After killing 2 people in that home, the killer tried to burn the house. The daughter set up a GoFundMe and asked for money to fix their home and funeral. The funny thing is the home was worth at least $700k and there was insurance coverage. She was inheriting the home. We know how responsive (very fast) insurance companies are to pay for the repair. Daughter didnt even live with her mother at the time.
      Having $700k waiting to cash out and still asking for donations on GoFundMe.

https://abc7.com/news/man-arrested-i...-fire/1683138/
      Last edited by trandd; 08-07-2018 at 12:47 PM.

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is Hot hot hot!!!!!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Jason, I notice you're a Koiphen kid, how old are you? Tell us a little about yourself.

Before jumping into this hobby full on, it's a good idea to learn about it and fish keeping, before getting fish.
      Last edited by nmtsaki; 08-07-2018 at 06:44 PM.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy