• Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think my koi spawned.

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary
      is hanging in there, waiting for
      warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

You know, I tried to remember where I bought it from, and for the life of me can't. I even did a google search and can't find one similar. If I come across it, I'll let you know. I do know it wasn't expensive, or I wouldn't have bought it! I'm pretty sure it's a hospital tank so you can easily re-capture the fish that's being treated, and also, so the fish can stay in with its "friends".

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I have koi eggs everywhere, even in my waterfall filter. I remember the year that some babies survived, when I cleaned the filters a couple of weeks later, I had a couple of babies at the bottom of my waterfall weir. Pulled them out and threw them in the pond. How many eggs can one extremely large female produce? I have two, so whatever that number is, I have to double it. I'm sure I'm at the max number, because they are literally everywhere. If the koi don't eat the eggs, will they rot in the pond? I may have to try to vacuum this weekend if that's the case. I don't need a disaster on my hands.

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

KoiRun is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Happy

What are your parameters - ph (evening), total ammonia and water temps? KH?
      Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. ---- Marthe Troly-Curtin

KoiRun on YouTube, latest video:
      https://youtu.be/72iiuRXY2Wk

DarkStar is offline Supporting Member
      is Comfortably Numb

Feeling:
      ----

Whoa! That net is awesome! I don't know what anyone else feeds their fry, but in case you're interested when the time comes I used Hikari Tropical First Bites https://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...fm?pcatid=8986 On the package it says it's "Great for all newborn fish". It's a fine powder (48% protein) so you don't have don't have to crush your regular food, etc.
      Find Something You Would Die For And Live for It.

My2butterflies is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I might just need to make one. My goldies (maybe sneaky koi too) are spawning again this morning. Im sitting here debating on if I should keep anymore eggs. I love babies, so I really want to. But I don’t need anymore babies either.

KoiRun is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Happy

I almost pick up one of these portable mesh crib by the side of the road to keep babies in the pond. But then I decided to just rehome them. It was one big difficult decision. A few weeks later I saw an orange scale at the bottom of the pond after having just vacuumed. Huh my matsuba just lost a scale? Then I got freaked out when the scale started moving! It was a speckled tosai being chased by my goldfish! A survivor. Now it is still somewhere hiding.

Name:  EA06DC30-58D9-4A60-8416-6354483F0FE5.png
Views: 42
Size:  517.7 KB
      Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. ---- Marthe Troly-Curtin

KoiRun on YouTube, latest video:
      https://youtu.be/72iiuRXY2Wk

warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

Well it's going in today sometime I don't think too many will survive in it though. We shall see, I'll keep it updated! I brought the eggs that I scooped out inside overnight, and then went to work today; when I got back home today my house smells so bad I can't wait to get them little suckers in the pond!!!!

Favorite Quotes:

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12