• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: How long to wait for hydrogen peroxide after adding declor?

MovingTarget is offline Senior Member
      is Is tired of dealing with sick
      fish

Feeling:
      ----

How long to wait for hydrogen peroxide after adding declor?

I did a pp treatment yesterday and after waiting 5 hours I put in my hydrogen peroxide. I'm not seeing a bunch of stuff floating in the water anymore but the pond gets very dark the deeper it goes, makes me think there is still work for HP to do. I did a series of cleaning for my bead filter (which I bypassed for 45 mins once the HP was added), water coming out was very dark brown.

I needed to add more water to my pond so I put declor in. I want to add 2 quarts of HP, I added 4 yesterday for my 8k gal pond.

I thought I read you don't want to add HP and declor at the same time because it creates an acid that will kill the fish. How long should I wait before adding the HP?

Also, does this sound like I need more HP to get the rest of the brown out of there? The water in the stream looks really clear and the water does have a bit of a sparkle, just there does seem to be more brown than there should be (which I would think is none).

RichToyBox is online now Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

To my knowledge there is no reason to not use both. You can't use either ahead of the PP for several days as it will neutralize the PP. If there is still brown, then HP will help to remove it.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard