is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      You da man!
      Gene

WWKC Lifetime Pro Member #1

http://www.koiclay.com

The only failures are those that stop trying! There is a very thin line between procrastination and delayed gratification. You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have. It's not what you are looking at, but where you are looking from.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

velvetbone is offline Supporting Member
      is Still Learning

Feeling:
      Awesome

Hi Gene,
      Still using your clay!! Glad to see you in the forum!! Be good!
      Vince

KatL is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I would love some of your clay. Please keep my name when you are ready to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rainblood is offline Assembler of Water Droplets
      is The Plantinator

Feeling:
      Piratey

Wow. Talk about a void in the hobby...who knew koi clay had such a cult following
      -Rain

:I CAN'T BRING THIS SHIP INTO TRTUGA ALL BY ME ONESIES, SAVVY?:

mplskoi is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
      Will wonders never cease? What Gloria wrote is true. After my health (COPD) started causing me more problems in 2012 I left the farm and bought a house in Johnson City, TN so I'd be close to the VA hospital. My COPD continued to worsen over the years and in 2014 I had to go on supplemental oxygen 24/7. I took the Koi Village and Koi Clay websites offline, but I continued to sell the clay to my regular clients via email and phone. When we sold the last of the clay we had in stock, we decided not to continue.

About a month ago my COPD got bad. I went through a lot of misery and ended up spending 4 days in the hospital. Amber called EMS Friday 6/29/18 and they took me to the VA hospital at 11:00 AM. I had already been to the emergency room 5 times with shortness of breath issues, but they would send me back home. The next time I waited until I was almost dead. I suffered severely for several days before I had Amber call EMS.

They finally admitted me to the hospital and I was then able to see some doctors besides GP ER doctors. I was in bad shape at this time. I hadn't been able to eat for days and I was dehydrated, malnourished, and suffering from an excess of CO2 in my lungs.

In a nut shell what I discovered is that they had me on too much supplemental oxygen. I was using 3 liters 24/7. The pulmonologist doctor told me that COPD patients shouldn't strive for a high blood oxygen content. They should shot for 88-92 %.

As I sit here typing I'm currently at 91 % and I am without any supplemental oxygen. I stopped using it on July 5th and I feel wonderful. I've even been doing some cooking. I just have to sit down sometimes to let my oxygen content build back up. I expect I'll need to supplement my oxygen when I go away from the house, but I have my Inogen One G3 to handle that.

I continued to improve and last Sunday I decided to put my clay back on the market. This time it will be much more professional than before. I'll have the business structure set up by next week, but it will take me some time to actually get any product on the market.

I went to bed at 10:30 last night, but I woke up at 4:00 this morning and started thinking about the business and Koiphen popped into my mind, so I got up and logged on. Imagine my surprise to find this post at the top of the main forum!
      First, in all seriousness, glad to hear that you are doing better and on the mend.
      Second, not in any seriousness, I hope this thread does not turn into another argument about aeration and super saturation!

Gene is offline Supporting Member
      is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Things are starting to come together. I had a real big snag, but that has been resolved this afternoon. It looks like I many get the "Ultimate Koi Clay" back on the market sooner than expected.

Now I'll have to start contacting the dealers that used to sell my clay to see if they will make a commitment. I'm not going to do retail sales like in the past. I'll be wholesale only.
      Gene

The only failures are those that stop trying! There is a very thin line between procrastination and delayed gratification. You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have. It's not what you are looking at, but where you are looking from.

fairlady is offline Senior Member
      is Happily Retired

Feeling:
      Happy

Welcome back Gene...I am happy your doing better, and getting back into the business.....
      Susie

powerman is offline Supporting Member
      is Still koi keeping

Feeling:
      ----

Welcome back Gene
      DAN

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      I thought I had replied to your cheerful greeting, Stephen, thanks for the welcome back.
      Gene

graybird is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Welcome back, Gene! I've been hoarding my single bag of Ultimate Koi Clay, glad to see relief is in sight -- but gladder still that you are feeling better!!
      Mary

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

libralady is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Welcome back Gene! I have not yet tried your Clay, but just purchased 2 bags. I have been using another brand for years and am very excited to switch to yours. Keep my name for when you start production.

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

I've got the new label image ready to go thanks to my friend Martin de Jong.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Gene

majong is offline Koi Photographer Extraordinaire
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123