• Tired
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Genes Koi Clay

libralady is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by RichToyBox View Post
      Shipping by priority mail appears to be $14.30 for 1 bag or 2 bags. I will get addresses as I work down through the list with the numbers that each want. When it is gone, it is gone.
      Thank you Rich, let me know if you have any left please.

RichToyBox is online now Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

With the number of respondents, I have decided to limit to one bag. I have sent notifications to the first 4, but depending on their responses, I could be having some that will go to the next person. I currently have 7 people wanting some and only 4 bags, so you might do well to check with Pondzilla.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

libralady is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by RichToyBox View Post
      With the number of respondents, I have decided to limit to one bag. I have sent notifications to the first 4, but depending on their responses, I could be having some that will go to the next person. I currently have 7 people wanting some and only 4 bags, so you might do well to check with Pondzilla.
      No worries, thank you!

mplskoi is online now Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Rich, have you gotten my PM's? I realize that I had sent one to you that you didn't get. Worried that the second did not go thru either.
      Ben

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Got it. All of my clay has been taken. If anyone has any interest, contact Pondzilla.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Richard

Pondzilla is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Ours is all gone also,
      Thanks

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

The last shipped today.

Zone 7 A/B
      Richard

Gene is offline Supporting Member
      is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Will wonders never cease? What Gloria wrote is true. After my health (COPD) started causing me more problems in 2012 I left the farm and bought a house in Johnson City, TN so I'd be close to the VA hospital. My COPD continued to worsen over the years and in 2014 I had to go on supplemental oxygen 24/7. I took the Koi Village and Koi Clay websites offline, but I continued to sell the clay to my regular clients via email and phone. When we sold the last of the clay we had in stock, we decided not to continue.

About a month ago my COPD got bad. I went through a lot of misery and ended up spending 4 days in the hospital. Amber called EMS Friday 6/29/18 and they took me to the VA hospital at 11:00 AM. I had already been to the emergency room 5 times with shortness of breath issues, but they would send me back home. The next time I waited until I was almost dead. I suffered severely for several days before I had Amber call EMS.

They finally admitted me to the hospital and I was then able to see some doctors besides GP ER doctors. I was in bad shape at this time. I hadn't been able to eat for days and I was dehydrated, malnourished, and suffering from an excess of CO2 in my lungs.

In a nut shell what I discovered is that they had me on too much supplemental oxygen. I was using 3 liters 24/7. The pulmonologist doctor told me that COPD patients shouldn't strive for a high blood oxygen content. They should shot for 88-92 %.

As I sit here typing I'm currently at 91 % and I am without any supplemental oxygen. I stopped using it on July 5th and I feel wonderful. I've even been doing some cooking. I just have to sit down sometimes to let my oxygen content build back up. I expect I'll need to supplement my oxygen when I go away from the house, but I have my Inogen One G3 to handle that.

I continued to improve and last Sunday I decided to put my clay back on the market. This time it will be much more professional than before. I'll have the business structure set up by next week, but it will take me some time to actually get any product on the market.

I went to bed at 10:30 last night, but I woke up at 4:00 this morning and started thinking about the business and Koiphen popped into my mind, so I got up and logged on. Imagine my surprise to find this post at the top of the main forum!
      Gene

WWKC Lifetime Pro Member #1

http://www.koiclay.com

The only failures are those that stop trying! There is a very thin line between procrastination and delayed gratification. You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have. It's not what you are looking at, but where you are looking from.

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Great to see you back Gene and glad you're feeling so much better!
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

nmtsaki is online now Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary ~
      is Hot hot hot!!!!!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Wow, I am so glad your COPD is under control. I can't imagine how difficult not being able to breathe can be. Welcome back, and I wish for you to have many years ahead with no issues.

Nancy

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

gander is online now Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD ~ 2018 KPOTY
      is birds flying high you know how
      I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
      Will wonders never cease? What Gloria wrote is true. After my health (COPD) started causing me more problems in 2012 I left the farm and bought a house in Johnson City, TN so I'd be close to the VA hospital. My COPD continued to worsen over the years and in 2014 I had to go on supplemental oxygen 24/7. I took the Koi Village and Koi Clay websites offline, but I continued to sell the clay to my regular clients via email and phone. When we sold the last of the clay we had in stock, we decided not to continue.

About a month ago my COPD got bad. I went through a lot of misery and ended up spending 4 days in the hospital. Amber called EMS Friday 6/29/18 and they took me to the VA hospital at 11:00 AM. I had already been to the emergency room 5 times with shortness of breath issues, but they would send me back home. The next time I waited until I was almost dead. I suffered severely for several days before I had Amber call EMS.

They finally admitted me to the hospital and I was then able to see some doctors besides GP ER doctors. I was in bad shape at this time. I hadn't been able to eat for days and I was dehydrated, malnourished, and suffering from an excess of CO2 in my lungs.

In a nut shell what I discovered is that they had me on too much supplemental oxygen. I was using 3 liters 24/7. The pulmonologist doctor told me that COPD patients shouldn't strive for a high blood oxygen content. They should shot for 88-92 %.

As I sit here typing I'm currently at 91 % and I am without any supplemental oxygen. I stopped using it on July 5th and I feel wonderful. I've even been doing some cooking. I just have to sit down sometimes to let my oxygen content build back up. I expect I'll need to supplement my oxygen when I go away from the house, but I have my Inogen One G3 to handle that.

I continued to improve and last Sunday I decided to put my clay back on the market. This time it will be much more professional than before. I'll have the business structure set up by next week, but it will take me some time to actually get any product on the market.

I went to bed at 10:30 last night, but I woke up at 4:00 this morning and started thinking about the business and Koiphen popped into my mind, so I got up and logged on. Imagine my surprise to find this post at the top of the main forum!
      glad you are better my asthma has been giving me fits lately and they said I was developing copd also. I hope you continue too improve I have a cousin that was in Vietnam and agent orange destroyed his lungs, he just underwent a surgery that burned his windpipes open wider so he could get more air into his lungs, something new they are trying. I dont see how he is living the va has him on so many steroids and meds he weighs over 400 pounds now, and yes he still smokes and drinks lots of beer
      "most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

I haven't heard anything about that treatment, Gander, but there is a The Lung Institute headquartered in Tampa, FL treating COPD with stem cells. There are 5 locations and one of them is in Nashville. They report a high success rate. Unfortunately the FDA does not recognize stem cell treatments yet and I'd have to pay for it. There are two options with treatment, one cost $8,000.00 and the one I would need cost $12,000.00. I'll have to sell a lot of clay before I can go there.

BTW, I quit drinking in January 2013 and quit smoking in July 2013.
      Last edited by Gene; 07-11-2018 at 12:16 PM.
      Gene

The only failures are those that stop trying! There is a very thin line between procrastination and delayed gratification. You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have. It's not what you are looking at, but where you are looking from.

gray cat is offline Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~ Facebook Administrator
      is loving Spring!

Feeling:
      Awesome

I haven't heard anything about that treatment, Gander, but there is a The Lung Institute headquartered in Tampa, FL treating COPD with stem cells. There are 5 locations and one of them is in Nashville. They report a high success rate. Unfortunately the FDA does not recognize stem cell treatments yet and I'd have to pay for it. There are two options with treatment, one cost $8,000.00 and the one I would need cost $12,000.00. I'll have to sell a lot of clay before I can go there.

BTW, I quit drinking in January 2013 and quit smoking in July 2013.
      Wonderful news Gene and welcome back.
      Nancy

Koiphen 2012 Koi Person of the Year!

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Let us know too how the product production is going... sounds like there's a pent-up demand.
      I know I'll put in another order as soon as it's available.
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post

Let us know too how the product production is going... sounds like there's a pent-up demand.
      I know I'll put in another order as soon as it's available.
      I sure will. Right now I can't even guess when. I'm working on it night and day though.
      Gene

GoldieGirl is online now Senior Member
      is good

Feeling:
      Friendly

Such wonderful news all around! I’ve been a daily user of your clay for almost a decade (me, my dogs and my fish!), travelling to the states to buy it. Bought my most recent 6 lbs. from some online vendor, forgot which, and I must have received the last of their stock. So glad you will be in business again, I don’t know what I would’ve done without Ultimate Koi Clay!

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

I want to thank everyone for such a warm welcome. It's been a long time.
      Gene

stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Glad to see you back, Gene. Keep getting better and meet some of this pent up demand. I didn't know I was sitting on such a gold mine with the 4 bags that I bought during one of the WWKC Koi Shows, several years ago.

Zone 7 A/B
      Richard

SouthernStarr is online now Administrator
      is Thinks some dogs should stay
      on the porch

Feeling:
      Happy

Glad to see you back

Proud Member Of The WWKC
      WWKC Lifetime Diamond Charter Member #6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast