Cool

Great work Matt
      Can’t wait to see them come together
      M.Nguyen

FRK is online now Supporting Member
      is On the home stretch

Feeling:
      Happy

Nice Job on the log info Matt. Sorry I'm late on the Congrats not sure how I missed this thread when you first posted. Looks like your off to a great start. Have fun!!

Koigrl is offline Supporting Member
      is koigrl is enjoying her feesh.
      :)

Feeling:
      Awesome

Matt, whenever i see fry at this stage, i'm reminded of little green men. lol. i wonder if fry were the model for that alien depiction. They've definitely put on size since the last photos. When do you expect them to show color/pattern?

Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions

Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

Matt24 is offline Senior Member
      is watchin' em grow

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by OCkoiFan View Post
      Great work Matt
      Canít wait to see them come together
      It's hard to be patient, waiting for them to get big enough to color up. Thanks Mr. Nguyen.

Quote Originally Posted by FRK View Post
      Nice Job on the log info Matt. Sorry I'm late on the Congrats not sure how I missed this thread when you first posted. Looks like your off to a great start. Have fun!!
      Thanks Mike. I'm looking forward to yours too. I love the process as challenging as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Koigrl View Post
      Matt, whenever i see fry at this stage, i'm reminded of little green men. lol. i wonder if fry were the model for that alien depiction. They've definitely put on size since the last photos. When do you expect them to show color/pattern?
      They do sort look like they want to phone home.

In the past, I have focused heavily on the dark ones, but this year, with over 85% light ones, I may try to grow some of those too. Other than one tobi I raised, I have not dealt much with kohaku fry. So I was reviewing Super Kindai's 2009 kohaku spawn. Sounds like you start to see yellow and white patterns forming on kohaku at about 1.25" - 1.5". I guess depending on the growth, which varies with numbers, temperature, feeding, etc ..., that could be as little as 5 weeks or more than a couple of months. At that point you probably can't tell too much about the final pattern, but can at least pick out the shiro muji and aka muji, which I understand is usually a large majority.

I think the showa and utsuri color/patterns develop a little more slowly. I'll have to check my old notes, but it seems like around 2" you start to be able to see a lot of pattern formation. Though sumi can still shift a lot for months to come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12