• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Khv still a problem?

kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Khv still a problem?

I saw a member on here mention they had a tosai die. Seems like it was khv and I heard some things over the grape vines. It is really bad many have said how rare it is after kodama put down thousands of fish and addressed the problem in a very professional matter. Please be aware it can happen to anyone but honestly admitting the problem is the key to me.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

I've seen many fish come in recently and didn't get properly qted imo. Fish should be heated in a separate tank and proper treatments should be done also. Do that or test your koi for khv to make experience better for us

jimfish98 is online now Supporting Member
      is not losing sleep over the
      opinion of sheep

Feeling:
      ----

KHV is a tricky conversation when it comes to dealers. If a customer screams KHV every time a fish dies, dealers would go under. If there is a claim, the "infected" fish needs to be tested to confirm results. From there the dealer then would test if the customer results come back positive or if they see something themselves that warrants concern. It is not a fast process, but that is why there is such a large advocacy for QT here and other sites. I think people sometimes misconstrue that testing period as hiding something rather than waiting for a definitive answer.

Diamond Lifetime Member #95!
      Just because its not a Great Koi doesn't mean its not a Great Koi...Me circa 2013

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by jimfish98 View Post
      KHV is a tricky conversation when it comes to dealers. If a customer screams KHV every time a fish dies, dealers would go under. If there is a claim, the "infected" fish needs to be tested to confirm results. From there the dealer then would test if the customer results come back positive or if they see something themselves that warrants concern. It is not a fast process, but that is why there is such a large advocacy for QT here and other sites. I think people sometimes misconstrue that testing period as hiding something rather than waiting for a definitive answer.
      Agree. But activity is low from someone. I rarely qt my fish as I trusted the source

opinion of sheep

Feeling:
      ----

So if you posted less we should assume you are up to no good? Or maybe busy with work or other things? I don't think speculation serves anyone in the hobby when talking about KHV.

Just because its not a Great Koi doesn't mean its not a Great Koi...Me circa 2013

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

So if you posted less we should assume you are up to no good? Or maybe busy with work or other things? I don't think speculation serves anyone in the hobby when talking about KHV.
      Khv is being covered up. I wasn't referring to me posting less but someone else

opinion of sheep

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Khv is being covered up. I wasn't referring to me posting less but someone else
      Two vendors were identified as having it. Both came forward to people in the hobby. I know what and who you are referring to, but you are speculating. From what I have seen the fish in question had multiple sample tests and they came back with different results. You could have a false positive, you could have a false negative. Until testing is finished and a conclusion is drawn, any comments about that individual and their stock is speculation. Naming the person would be a risk to their reputation and company. If you keep pushing and put out a name and final tests and such come back negative, you will have opened yourself up to defamation accusations and possible libel damages. Unless that is something you can afford to pay, I would hold off on accusations and names.

dragonfly1976 is offline Senior Member
      is 행복해Ꮫ
      6;

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks Jim for speaking up. A moderator should really close this thread as it serves no purpose other than to slander others.

SeaSideAquatics, LLC is offline Supporting Member
      is always working

Feeling:
      Awesome

People jumping to conclusion to quick. Wait for the result from a certified company whom is currently testing 20 koi.

I got the shipment 3 weeks ago and they are fine, except for the koigoi that jumped out. The vendor replaced with another 33” for free.

The vendor will make it right if the result came in positive. Which I don’t think it would.

Sea Side Aquatics, LLC
      540 S Jefferson Street Unit C
      Placentia, CA 92870
      www.SeaSideAquatics.com

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

That is exactly the conclusion I would come to!!!! HAHAHAHAHA J/K
      Zac Penn.... Not an expert on Pump Testing, no matter what people may think!
      904-288-6199
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

Hugomizz is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Just another S*** stirring thread with little point or relevance