I want to thank everyone on this formum for the wealth of information that is on here. I have read every thread I've found on this topic but haven't come across a stubborn ich post so here is mine... looking for any help I can get!

I last posted about a week ago that my koi had ich and it was running through them pretty quickly. I started treatment with Microbe Lift broad spectrum (malachite green and formalin). Did 3 treatments 24 hours apart- Friday Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday noticed another flare up of ich on more koi. Did treatment Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday morning and again this morning when I noticed it on 2 koi. At this point they have all had it at least once. Still seeing ich and they are still flashing. Called the Microbe Lift company and they don't recommend additional treatments- their treatment protocol is 3 treatments and that's it for at least 2 weeks.

My concern is reading about the life cycle of ich, it can only be treated when free swimming in the pond and that cycle at my pond temp (68-73) can take over a week so my thought process is that treating them for a longer period of time is necessary.

My pond is new (rebuild) and not yet cycled but it is a completely empty pond right now with no rocks/plants/ anything for eggs to hide in. Bottom drain liner pond and it is completely clean- I have only fed them twice in the past week.

I guess my realistic side says if I don't cure the ich than it's likely they will all die anyway so is it better to overtreat? Is the company just being overly cautious in their recommendations?

I know about salt/heat as well but that seemed like a much longer course of action as I have no way to heat it up as high as needed.

Any advice would be much appreciated!