• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosimeri had her koi stolen

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Koigrl View Post
      Good for you, Kevin.
      Thanks. I would love to find the culprit but very bad things have happened in our area. I can't call out a particular group but kinda know who does this kinda stuff..The poisoning and stealing fish is nothing new. Many koi dealers have a camera every 100 yards because of these pos people..

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

gray cat is offline Administrator
      is looking forward to Spring

Feeling:
      Happy

So sad to hear about this. I hope some how she gets her fish back.
      Nancy

Koiphen 2013 Koi Person of the Year!

Showa3164 is offline CKK in Training
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Cool

Thank you everyone for your kind words and efforts. We are devastated, angry and most of all sad for the theft of 11 of our koi. I never would have thought that someone would do this, but I guess there is a thief in every aspect of any hobby. Police were called but we were told to file an online police report and keep records of the koi fish. I am pretty sure the thief has been to our home in the past and probably watched our schedule. They most likely came via our back wall which fronts a main road, no neighbors cameras in view. It has woke us up in that we now will be more cautious in who we bring to our homes, no more selling koi on Craigslist is for sure, we will give them away or donate to the Japanese Gardens koi pond.

This incident cut me to the core, after having a great weekend in San Diego this happens. Made me rethink the whole hobby, almost to the point of quitting the koi club, no more koi shows, and just keep the koi to ourselves. But then this thief would have stolen more than the koi, they would have stolen my koi passion, so no they do not get to do that. We will protect our koi now with whatever means necessary. We will not allow strangers into our home, no more posting on social media which koi we just purchased, which koi just won at a koi show, and maybe nor more pond pics and videos, which is a shame because there are koi friends out there that enjoy viewing these things. We shall make our circle of friends tighter and not just let any one who has a koi pond or koi interest into our home.

Will keep you updated if I find my koi, which is highly unlikely, but God help the pond owner if I do find them, I have the pictures and the police report to prove I own them.

Rosimeri

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

So sorry about it all. Did I happen to talk you at the show? I talked to many people and forget some here and there. I hope your koi will show somewhere and im sorry this happened, terrible society we live in now

koi4u2c is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I hope you posted the pictures of your stolen koi on facebook. I know a lot of things have been located that way.
      Nancy

rainblood is offline Assembler of Water Droplets
      is The Plantinator

Feeling:
      Piratey

Sorry for your loss.
      I agree you should flood the internet with photos of your stolen fish.
      Somebody somewhere will know something and hopefully speak up.
      -Rain

:I CAN'T BRING THIS SHIP INTO TRTUGA ALL BY ME ONESIES, SAVVY?:

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Cool

Pictures are posted on FB and several groups that are local. I check Craigslist daily but am sure the thief will not post there. Maybe local thief or not, they could be anywhere at this moment in Fresno, LA or Northern California. But at least the pics are posted on FB and people are sharing so that others know if they see if for sale it is stolen property. I thought about contacting the local news media, but am afraid that would draw more attention and possibly more thieves, so I will just leave it alone, chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned to not just let anyone into your backyard and no more selling koi via Craigslist only selling to club members and people we know, the rest will be given away or donated. We shall be more careful when buying koi, no more posting on FB or even when we are at koi shows. It is sad because we love the hobby and have done our best to support our local club as well as others. But feel because of our exposure we have been targeted, being Club President and receiving awards at koi shows then posting on FB has put a bulls eye on our pond. So we shall be less public.

cindy is offline Administrator
      is Loving retirement

Feeling:
      Happy

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Hugs. I was ready to sell our farm and had gun and lime ready. It takes a long time to lose that violated feeling.

Koigrl is offline Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD
      is is cheerful.

Feeling:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Showa3164 View Post
      Pictures are posted on FB and several groups that are local. I check Craigslist daily but am sure the thief will not post there. Maybe local thief or not, they could be anywhere at this moment in Fresno, LA or Northern California. But at least the pics are posted on FB and people are sharing so that others know if they see if for sale it is stolen property. I thought about contacting the local news media, but am afraid that would draw more attention and possibly more thieves, so I will just leave it alone, chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned to not just let anyone into your backyard and no more selling koi via Craigslist only selling to club members and people we know, the rest will be given away or donated. We shall be more careful when buying koi, no more posting on FB or even when we are at koi shows. It is sad because we love the hobby and have done our best to support our local club as well as others. But feel because of our exposure we have been targeted, being Club President and receiving awards at koi shows then posting on FB has put a bulls eye on our pond. So we shall be less public.
      rosimeri,
      i have cameras around my house and signs saying that we're video taping night and day. never crossed my mind that someone would take my koi - i have mud ponds and i'd sure like to see someone do that without letting out a few hundred thou gal of water first! but point is my cameras have a 24 hr loop to like a vcr so i can replay. nowadays cameras can link to your phone, store vid in a cloud.
      hoping someone sees something, says something, or has an attack of conscience.

Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions

Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2014

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary
      is hanging in there, waiting for
      warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I would talk to the local news media, just because they will not show your address on TV if you ask them not to, and it might lead to the return of your fish. I am very suspicious that it was coincidental with the San Diego Koi Show, especially with what Kevin said about someone else losing their fish at the show itself. I am wondering if there Is someone there who scouts out potential fish for theft for someone. Nice fish like that, someone can pay a thief for a lot less. I hope you also notified the San Diego Show. It would be very easy like Kevin said, to follow somebody home even if it is 3 to 4 hours away. All they have to do is plan.

I have a Ring video surveillance system, which is a essentially a doorbell video recording. You can mount one in the backyard and in the front yard. They are very inconspicuous. Although, going to Sam's Club or Costco might be a better option because you can get a system that hooks up to a recorder on a continuous loop, with probably a clearer and better video. The Ring system notifies you immediately, but only takes about a 10 second video unless you "answer" it. If you answer it it will take a much longer video, but you have to have it set loud enough to wake you.

I think I may need to get a backyard surveillance system too, because my fish are so large that people are taking notice of them, and commenting how much they would like to have them in their pond. Not that they're even half as beautiful as your fish were. I feel so sorry for you and I hope you get them back

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

To me you were gone to the koi show and they could have stole them then. The fact they were stolen after the show to me indicates someone at the show has something to do with it. What fish did you show and what bowl number were at the show? Just curious. I might have video of your koi at the show...
      Last edited by kevin32; 03-12-2018 at 09:06 PM.

stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I am so sorry.

Best

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      To me you were gone to the koi show and they could have stole them then. The fact they were stolen after the show to me indicates someone at the show has something to do with it. What fish did you show and what bowl number were at the show? Just curious. I might have video of your koi at the show...
      Tank 18, those koi were not stolen. Because they are in qt tank in garage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

abuchi123 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Huh? Enlight me with your logic?

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by abuchi123 View Post
      Huh? Enlight me with your logic?
      She just said the fish stolen were not shown. Not sure when she last sold a koi. But They could have been after the show fish and just got the bigger lasses since the others were in qt

Pond James_Pond is offline Senior Member
      is Let 'em eat Manda Foo!

Feeling:
      Friendly

A wise man once said; "It is better to leave your mouth closed sayin nothing and be thought a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

steve

david pinder is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

A few years back was helping a lady whos mother had passed leaving a lot of beautiful koi. She had one particular koi
      that was the best looking Shiro I had ever seen. Could not take my eyes off on every visit. She had 100s of fish many
      imports that she had flown in from Japan. On one visit I immediately called the lady to tell her the Shiro was not there
      thought maybe she had sold it. No she said it was still there. Bottom line was that I believe she thought I stole it so I
      was no longer welcome around there. A year later was doing a pond tour and low and behold in one of the ponds was
      that Shiro. I remarked to the lady nice Shiro you didn't have that one last year on the tour. She said good eye I didn't
      it was given to me this last year. I so wanted to call the lady back but couldnt find her number and at that point
      nothing could be proven anyway. I know the lady was spooked from the look in my eyes she no longer does the pond tour.

cindy is offline Administrator
      is Loving retirement

Feeling:
      Happy

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      I would have known more or tell her i was calling the police to get the story.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12