• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Dimilin compatibility

nishikigoi21 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Dimilin compatibility

Can dimilin be mixed into waters that's been treated with Proform-C & Hikari Prazipro?

If not, will a 100% water change be required?

RichToyBox is offline Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

I have never tried to do the treatments at the same time. The Proform is consumed within a fairly short time. The Prazi should stay in the pond for at least a week before being diluted with water changes, not sure how long it will stay effective if there are no water changes, but feel second dosing should be done at about a week with a water change. The Dimilin is similar to the Prazi, in that it stays active for extended periods of time. I don't know how long, but because it acts on the chitin, ie the hard shell material, of insects, shell fish, etc, it has to stay at active levels long enough for the argulus and anchor worm to go through a shed, in an attempt to grow, which takes some time. Not sure how much time, but feel that to be sure of the strength being their for that phase, it probably does not need to be full strength to do the job and complete water changes would not be needed, as it has no effect on anything except the chitin formation. I suspect it would have a serious impact on the development of dragon fly, if that would be of any concern to you.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

nishikigoi21 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks Rich. It seems nobody has asked this question yet...at least regarding the specific product names and not just the ingredients.
      Just to play it safe, I did a 100% water change before starting the dimilin treatment.

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

This doesn't list Dimlin but I saved it long ago and might be of some help for someone out there:

--Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." --George Washington