• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Any tricks?

cahriad is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Any tricks?

I have an Aquasieve2 as my pre-filter on one of my pumps that I cannot get the screw on lid to seal properly so I am constantly bleeding air out. The lid has an O ring that is in good shape and I am tightening down as best I can but it still leaks air. I do not want to force the lid as I am sure it would be impossible to replace. Is there something that anyone else uses to help with making removable parts airtight? I have tried o ring grease but it does not last as long as I would have hoped.

Thanks

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

pickerel is offline Supporting Member
      is enjoying new pond

Feeling:
      Happy

I don't know anything about the Aquasieve2, but I assume there is a groove that holds the o ring? If it was mine, I might try putting a piece of string or something under the o ring to raise it a little. This might help the lid to compress it forming a better seal.

wfhoffmaniii is offline Senior Member
      is waiting for spring

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by pickerel View Post
      I don't know anything about the Aquasieve2, but I assume there is a groove that holds the o ring? If it was mine, I might try putting a piece of string or something under the o ring to raise it a little. This might help the lid to compress it forming a better seal.
      you probably have already done this but look for nicks and debris on all the surfaces the o-ring contacts. I also have used a silicone grease intended for use on water faucets and shower controllers. Rubber safe and OK for potable water. Generally I put it on generously and then wipe off most so only a thinish film is left behind. The grease can help get a better seal sometimes. You should be able to find it in any plumbing section of a hardware store or big-box home improvement store.

ricshaw is offline Senior Member
      is who misses his Koi.

Feeling:
      Bemused

Quote Originally Posted by cahriad View Post
      I have an Aquasieve2 as my pre-filter on one of my pumps that I cannot get the screw on lid to seal properly so I am constantly bleeding air out. The lid has an O ring that is in good shape and I am tightening down as best I can but it still leaks air. I do not want to force the lid as I am sure it would be impossible to replace. Is there something that anyone else uses to help with making removable parts airtight? I have tried o ring grease but it does not last as long as I would have hoped.
      Thanks
      Try using Magic Lube on the O-ring.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007