• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 10 of 10

    Thread: Interesting Hi Kujaku... looks almost Goshiki

    1. #1
      audioenvy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      640

      Interesting Hi Kujaku... looks almost Goshiki

      Long story short.. I've found local takers for my Kodama auction fish (which I have enjoyed a lot and wanted to make sure they would go to good homes) to make room for several fish coming this spring from Russ and others. This one will round out the list (meaning: I can't let myself buy any more fish for a while).

      Anyway, I thought it was a super cool Kujaku. In my (albeit limited) experience I haven't seen one quite like this before. Looks almost goshiki-like to me.


    2. #2
      Euryth's Avatar
      Euryth is offline Senior Member
      is A Sansai with Grand Champion
      Ambitions!
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      NE Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      395
      Wow, I really like this Kujaku. From what I can tell in the vid (only goes up to 480p?), she has great skin with very nice sheen/luster, beni appears to be very thick and the plates are relatively clean, her head is clean, and her shiroji appears vibrant. The beni does give me that Goshiki vibe by appearing like it's floating on the ground "beneath" the plates, and her fukurin adds a nice touch to her overall impression. She also has a nice pattern that appears balanced in my opinion, with a nearly symmetrical maruten marking.

      The only thing I'm unsure of is her body, as I don't have much experience with fish that large since she's about a good 6 to 7 inches larger than my biggest girls now. To my developing eye, it appears she's either eggy and is in need of a nice diet or her tail tube is on the weaker end. I know some varieties are not known for having bodies as refined as Gosanke for instance, but I'm not sure if Kujaku or the other hikari varieties fall in that category. I'm sure another member will chime in and hopefully give you better insight than I've provided. Either way, this is a great fish to own and I hope she stays this nice for your enjoyment for many more years.

      Give her some nice flow for exercise, good filtration and feed in accordance with seasons/temps and hopefully that tail bulks up a bit
      Last edited by Euryth; 02-12-2018 at 10:08 PM.

    3. #3
      audioenvy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      640
      Quote Originally Posted by Euryth View Post
      Give her some nice flow for exercise, good filtration and feed in accordance with seasons/temps and hopefully that tail bulks up a bit
      Thanks for the feedback! I don't have the fish yet but will take another video (higher resolution) and some stills when I do. From this video the back third does appear to be somewhat disproportionately thin.

    4. #4
      Euryth's Avatar
      Euryth is offline Senior Member
      is A Sansai with Grand Champion
      Ambitions!
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      NE Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      395
      Quote Originally Posted by audioenvy View Post
      Thanks for the feedback! I don't have the fish yet but will take another video (higher resolution) and some stills when I do. From this video the back third does appear to be somewhat disproportionately thin.
      Not a problem! I'm still learning myself, so take what I say with a grain of salt lol. If your intention is to show her, I think you would have a pretty competitive fish despite her tail tube. Otherwise, she'll make for a great presence in your pond, especially when company's over I'm assuming she's about 2 or 3 years old or so?

    5. #5
      audioenvy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      640
      Quote Originally Posted by Euryth View Post
      Not a problem! I'm still learning myself, so take what I say with a grain of salt lol. If your intention is to show her, I think you would have a pretty competitive fish despite her tail tube. Otherwise, she'll make for a great presence in your pond, especially when company's over I'm assuming she's about 2 or 3 years old or so?
      4 years old, 28 inches long. It would be fun to show this fish if it fills out in the right places and reaches 30+

    6. #6
      inazuma28 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Ronkonkoma, New York
      Posts
      2,459
      Im no expert on growth, but if the fish is a 4 year old female at 28 inches, I think its not "if" but "when" she reaches 30+ inches. Beautiful addition. You must have a really amazing herd.

    7. #7
      audioenvy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      640
      Quote Originally Posted by inazuma28 View Post
      Im no expert on growth, but if the fish is a 4 year old female at 28 inches, I think its not "if" but "when" she reaches 30+ inches. Beautiful addition. You must have a really amazing herd.
      Thanks! This fall/winter I put the finishing touches (ok, I guess a pond is never finished) on major pond upgrades and I took the CKK classes so I'm finally (hopefully) ready to be able to care for some nice fish. Right now they are essentially all at dealers or in Japan but will be here by late spring. I'm excited for them to get here.

    8. #8
      Orlando is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Orlando
      Posts
      249
      Quote Originally Posted by audioenvy View Post
      4 years old, 28 inches long. It would be fun to show this fish if it fills out in the right places and reaches 30+
      Even if she stays under 30" thats a fine looking gal there awesome makeup beautiful hips so what if she's got thin legs I wish you the best of luck that's a very beautiful koi she's going to be a great addition to your pond.

    9. #9
      Pvkoi is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      5
      Do you know where sell high quality koi pleases thanks


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #10
      audioenvy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      640
      Quote Originally Posted by Pvkoi View Post
      Do you know where sell high quality koi pleases k
      Where are you located? Lots of great dealers are on this forum.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •