• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Tamaura Sanke Nisai (via PSKoi)

audioenvy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Tamaura Sanke Nisai (via PSKoi)

I'm going to try to make a point of posting progress photos of my fish as I slowly upgrade from pond-grade to higher quality fish. There's always a nicer fish out there but I'm hoping I can learn as I watch these fish grow.

This is a Nisai Sanke from Tamaura. Measured 58cm in the fall. This fish is currently at still Tamaura and will stay in Japan another year. I purchased this fish from our own Russell Peters at PSKoi. The YouTube video is his. The post date of that video is my birth date so I took that as a sign ha ha ha.

Any thoughts welcome.

Name:  DPP_080.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  311.5 KB

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

kby103 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Congratulations, I think you are in for a fun ride - I was one pay day away from trying to get this one (it exceeded my wife's allotment for this year's fish buys!). If you are going from pond grade to this, you are making quite a leap.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kby103 View Post
      Congratulations, I think you are in for a fun ride - I was one pay day away from trying to get this one (it exceeded my wife's allotment for this year's fish buys!). If you are going from pond grade to this, you are making quite a leap.
      Thank you. I say pond grade somewhat tongue in cheek but nearly all of my current fish are from online stores or Kodama auctions. I like those auctions for what they are: a good way to get a sizable decent looking (at least to the layman) Japanese-bred fish without having to wait years for a tosai to grow up.

kdh is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
      Nice pull! I still have one of those fish. There was a local guy with a 12000 gallon pond who lost everything so I gave most of them to him when I began building my new pond. I wish I still had that little asagi but I lost it in a tragic accident while building my new pond. I had a retro drain in the 2500 gallon popup pool that lifted up off the bottom one night and sucked that poor fish in.

kdh is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by audioenvy View Post
      Nice pull! I still have one of those fish. There was a local guy with a 12000 gallon pond who lost everything so I gave most of them to him when I began building my new pond. I wish I still had that little asagi but I lost it in a tragic accident while building my new pond. I had a retro drain in the 2500 gallon popup pool that lifted up off the bottom one night and sucked that poor fish in.
      Sorry about your asagi.

12000, that is a big pond. How fortunate that you were able to re home most your koi in one move.

Enjoy your new koi. I see you are moving up in the koi world. There is a twelve step program for detoxifying koi addiction if needed. lol

mplskoi is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I like that fish a lot. Seems like Russ got a nice collection from Tamaura this year. Will be interesting to see it progress.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

seems nobody wants to critique any fish this new year. i do like it but would be nice if it could be explained what is good and bad.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      seems nobody wants to critique any fish this new year. i do like it but would be nice if it could be explained what is good and bad.
      I love the beni and the body seems long in a way that will hopefully support nice size. I think the ripple on the water in the photo makes the tail tube look different than it looks in the video. Obviously, we are anticipating that the sumi will come in and Russ tells me this breeder has a good track record for that. It seems to be a long-term fish in terms of finishing which is fine by me. I still have quite a bit to learn before taking any fish to a show so having the fish be a couple/few years out is great.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by audioenvy View Post
      I love the beni and the body seems long in a way that will hopefully support nice size. I think the ripple on the water in the photo makes the tail tube look different than it looks in the video. Obviously, we are anticipating that the sumi will come in and Russ tells me this breeder has a good track record for that. It seems to be a long-term fish in terms of finishing which is fine by me. I still have quite a bit to learn before taking any fish to a show so having the fish be a couple/few years out is great.
      yep I agree. just seems everyone has been silent in the critique section. fish does seem to have nice body, tail tube is not to short . the sumi is not a biggie and should come in. I'm obviously just a rookie but others critiques help us all as well. overall though congrats and you are stepping into another level man

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007