Thread: My new 4 year old Goshiki

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      vegaskoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

My new 4 year old Goshiki

Here is my new beauty from Koda, She is a 4 yr old Goshiki. Pictures do not do justice and I will try to get better ones posted soon

Name:  A5628CD3-E5A4-479D-91B3-51B8BB0DDCFA.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  3B4C53C3-DED3-46FB-B989-BD6EC591CD4C.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  69.5 KB

Orlando is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Nice.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

very nice. when are you starting the new pond build?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

My HOA sucks and takes forever ,I just got appporved so we are tearing my backyard out next week, I’m assuming 3 months from now.

Doman71 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Ok, I'm not going to learn anything if I don't ask. The thing that has been bugging me are critiques that seem to conflict with my own. Koi that I see as nice gets bashed left and right, where those that I don't consider that nice gets all kinds of compliments. Granted I'm still new at this and my preferences are not the same as others.

This goshiki as an example. I see 2 comments... nice and very nice. My first impressions are: Nice beni, thick, clean. Pattern is ok, personal preference. Body is good and I'm guessing male. But personally, I would not want this koi in my pond. The grey is blotchy, uneven, raggedy, or whatever the correct term is. Maybe it's got injuries that needs healing? maybe it's still developing? I don't know. I'm just looking for some confirmation and facts... because nice and very nice is not what I had in mind. Not meant to bash the koi or the owner, just trying to see how far off I am.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

So these are some interesting thoughts you have and great questions. This koi is actually a 4 female, due to the bad quality pictures the black doesn’t look as good. But this is was the top Goshiki Koda koi farm had. Her body is what I looked at firsts and the pattern is what I looked at last. Normally some people would say less Benni can be an issue, but truthfully it isn’t. Think of having your favorite pattern on a bad body koi, the whole thing looks not only worse but takes people attention away from that pattern that is so crazy. To have a 4 year old this big and climaxing all together is something special. I paid over 5,000 and I think she is well worth every dollar. She is 27 inches and I think I can grow her much bigger. This koi will be one I will work on for the next 3 years, but for 4 years old she’s growing body, shoulder, head, insane! Thanks for the thoughts and comments.

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by vegaskoi View Post
      So these are some interesting thoughts you have and great questions. This koi is actually a 4 female, due to the bad quality pictures the black doesn’t look as good. But this is was the top Goshiki Koda koi farm had. Her body is what I looked at firsts and the pattern is what I looked at last. Normally some people would say less Benni can be an issue, but truthfully it isn’t. Think of having your favorite pattern on a bad body koi, the whole thing looks not only worse but takes people attention away from that pattern that is so crazy. To have a 4 year old this big and climaxing all together is something special. I paid over 5,000 and I think she is well worth every dollar. She is 27 inches and I think I can grow her much bigger. This koi will be one I will work on for the next 3 years, but for 4 years old she’s growing body, shoulder, head, insane! Thanks for the thoughts and comments.
      Who told you this nonsense? I will categorically state that it is not, nor was it the BEST/TOP Goshiki he has. It may have been the best "available" one at the time of purchase, but if it was purchased by a dealer in October/November, I know of someone else who purchased far better fish than this at that time. This sounds like a story a couple dealers a know would tell someone to get the best price they could from an unsuspecting client.

Sorry, I wasn't going to post any more but this thread caused me to really lose my cool about people getting ripped off and this is one of those cases.
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by koiman1950 View Post
      Who told you this nonsense? I will categorically state that it is not, nor was it the BEST/TOP Goshiki he has. It may have been the best "available" one at the time of purchase, but if it was purchased by a dealer in October/November, I know of someone else who purchased far better fish than this at that time. This sounds like a story a couple dealers a know would tell someone to get the best price they could from an unsuspecting client.

Sorry, I wasn't going to post any more but this thread caused me to really lose my cool about people getting ripped off and this is one of those cases.
      probably referring to mark cursor. he gets some special mike snaden access we don't get. also I believe these fish are being shown in Japan no? I'm pretty sure Vegas koi paid for a mud pond space and kept this koi there for at least a year.
      Last edited by kevin32; 12-30-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      probably referring to mark cursor. he gets some special mike snaden access we don't get. also I believe these fish are being shown in Japan no? I'm pretty sure Vegas koi paid for a mud pond space and kept this koi there for at least a year.
      Sorry bud, you got it wrong, if Mike Perret was talking about Mark’s Goshiki it was all PSKoi access. In fact, all of his Koi are from PSKoi access with the exception of a couple of Koi that Mike and I partnered on. I don’t buy anything from Koda either.
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 12-30-2017 at 09:11 PM.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Of course

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Well considering since I know the family at Koda koi farm personally and they come to my house when they come to the states I will have to strongly disagree with you, This was his best 4 year old available this year. And sorry to have you think I got ripped off, but for the price I completely disagree. I would like to see you find one at this quality at a lower price please. I must be going to the wrong farms and have the wrong relationships in Japan.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Well considering since I know the family at Koda koi farm personally and they come to my house when they come to the states I will have to strongly disagree with you, This was his best 4 year old available this year. And sorry to have you think I got ripped off, but for the price I completely disagree. I would like to see you find one at this quality at a lower price please. I must be going to the wrong farms and have the wrong relationships in Japan.
      i would take it all for a grain of salt. many spend $20,000 on a koi with little to care. it is an expensive fish at $5,000 but I do remember all your post. you stick to one dealer and have great fish

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Doman71 View Post
      Ok, I'm not going to learn anything if I don't ask. The thing that has been bugging me are critiques that seem to conflict with my own. Koi that I see as nice gets bashed left and right, where those that I don't consider that nice gets all kinds of compliments. Granted I'm still new at this and my preferences are not the same as others.

This goshiki as an example. I see 2 comments... nice and very nice. My first impressions are: Nice beni, thick, clean. Pattern is ok, personal preference. Body is good and I'm guessing male. But personally, I would not want this koi in my pond. The grey is blotchy, uneven, raggedy, or whatever the correct term is. Maybe it's got injuries that needs healing? maybe it's still developing? I don't know. I'm just looking for some confirmation and facts... because nice and very nice is not what I had in mind. Not meant to bash the koi or the owner, just trying to see how far off I am.
      Great post and I agree totally. This forum wasn't designed for those kinds of comments as it states so in the opening of the forum thread. The body is not great, the sumi or "ground" is actually not very good at this time and at 4 years old, she's most likely done most of her growing. If the breeder let go if it now, it, in his mind, won't improve any further under his care. Maybe the new owner can do better!?!
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

delbert is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I don’t know much . But the way the Beni floats above this koi it pops out ... I like it

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

the beni does pop but not a fan of the rest. the beni is like ink and at 4 years old may be the sumi will still come in. this guy has nice koi so I'm sure this koi looks better in person. patience grasshopper lol
      Last edited by kevin32; 12-30-2017 at 11:32 AM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yes she is one that I see future progression for. The pictures are terrible, I will post better in about a week when I get her.

Doman71 is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks for the additional details! 27" does make for a great body 4 year old. Excellent body and Beni... now I can see the nice to very nice comments. LOL But what's up with the grey? Bad picture? Still developing? Or just something that is acceptable on goshiki? Pardon my immature assessment, but the uneven grey body is a distraction for me. My koi purchases are no where near this range, I obviously don't have the eyes to see $5000 worth of beauty... but would speculate that it's a long term investment and development till full blossom. Would love to see before if you have any, and definitely the progression photos.

Jim Smith is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Having seen this fish up close and personnel when it came out of the mud pond and since it's been shipped to the states it's got great qualities not see in the pics. This was koda's number one Goshiki Sansi. Pics don't do it justice, beni, body, and skin are great. It's one of the problems with judging from a pic (which is all we have to judge from) Great fish with great changes coming to the sumi. Wish it was swimming in my pond.

Marilyn is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
      Having seen this fish up close and personnel when it came out of the mud pond and since it's been shipped to the states it's got great qualities not see in the pics. This was koda's number one Goshiki Sansi. Pics don't do it justice, beni, body, and skin are great. It's one of the problems with judging from a pic (which is all we have to judge from) Great fish with great changes coming to the sumi. Wish it was swimming in my pond.
      This is good info for consumers to have. It means that Koda's number one Sansai Goshiki (3yo) can be had for roughly $5k price which includes a dealer mark up. Anyone charged more should question their dealer.
      My one question is is she a 3 or 4 yo based on the information provided.
      Last edited by Marilyn; 12-30-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Still learning as I go but y'all can call me Marilyn

Jim Smith is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sorry my counting in Japanese is a little off. This fish is 4yr old.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast