• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My new 4 year old Goshiki

kevin32 is online now Senior Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

[QUOTE=Marilyn;2652412]Koi move in bowls. How they move and where they bend gives indicators to their conformation. got yah. my small koi 12-14.5 .inches only curled tails as water dipped under 45 degrees. they are feeling the cold and all good knock on wood

Russell Peters is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      Quote Originally Posted by vegaskoi View Post
      Thatís a perfect picture at a perfect angle for a cover of a book, guessing around 20k range too
      As Marilyn explained it was a rescue Koi. It was rescued, as I understand it, from a pond after a fire. It was no where near 20k and closer to a few hundred dollars.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      As Marilyn explained it was a rescue Koi. It was rescued, as I understand it, from a pond after a fire. It was no where near 20k and closer to a few hundred dollars.

rescue is a bargain for sure. my rescue dog would have cost me $2,000 from breeder.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      mark cursor $. are we comparing $20,000 koi to a $5,000 one no
      Kevin, do you understand that the 20k Goshiki being discussed is not Markís. It is an assumption of what the one on the cover of Koi USA cost. BTW, Markís Goshiki cost was not much more that the OPís Goshiki and is going to the All Japan Koi Show.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

kdh is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
      Kevin, don't be snarky about Mark. He hasn't even been on this thread. Why you choose to malign him is beyond me. Talk about hating. He doesn't say your name wrong and I don't think he calls out your full name either.

That Goshiki was shown in Socal and as I recall, it was a rescue. I have no details beyond that but maybe a OCKoifan has heard something? It did very well, to the best of my recollection it got GC at one show and reserve GCB at another. It was all the talk because it was a rescue koi.
      GC at the Fresno show I believe.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

sorry I'm done here. wasn't trying to be mr snarky or whatever.
      Last edited by kevin32; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:08 AM.

Marilyn is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sheís fire, and I think very unusual for goshiki
      As I said, you're truly the only one that has to like her. I didn't mean to offend in critiquing her.

I will share an anecdote from my koi keeping a few years back.
      I was offered the opportunity to have a long time hobbyist who has had a lot of success showing his koi visit my pond. I had been keeping koi for a number of years and had done well at shows but was interested in improving my koi herd even more. I asked for his honest opinion of what he saw in my pond. He hesitated and asked if I truly wanted him to be honest. I said he would not offend and again encouraged him to share his thoughts. He said they looked good but all had the same conformation flaw; they had shorter heads. Good skin, good body, good beni and sumi but short heads. As soon as he said it, I saw it. It DID take him saying it though.

Still learning as I go but y'all can call me Marilyn

vegaskoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

OOO I am not offended ever at all from what people say about my koi collection, I love it and think its great. We ALL LOOOOOVE koi otherwise we wouldn’t be on here explaining how we feel. I think its wonderful how 2 pictures of a koi and the title “4 year old Goshiki” got this much attention and love!! Love you all.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hahha I didn’t think you were, I thought it was a great convo.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
      GC at the Fresno show I believe.
      Yes, I was there.

Jim Smith is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Having seen this koi as well as Marks while in Japan there's no comparison. Different breeders as well as quality diff. That being said those (better koi pickers than me) who have seen this fish in the USA all seem to love the koi today and what's in it's future. I think future will bring some dark sumi to the point that none or very little of the gray will be seen come next winter. Marks fish by far best Goshiki I've ever seen with my eyes in person. Skin was great beni popped. Body great and out of my price range for what i want to do with my koi hobby journey. Wound't kick ether fish out of my pond

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
      Having seen this koi as well as Marks while in Japan there's no comparison. Different breeders as well as quality diff. That being said those (better koi pickers than me) who have seen this fish in the USA all seem to love the koi today and what's in it's future. I think future will bring some dark sumi to the point that none or very little of the gray will be seen come next winter. Marks fish by far best Goshiki I've ever seen with my eyes in person. Skin was great beni popped. Body great and out of my price range for what i want to do with my koi hobby journey. Wound't kick ether fish out of my pond
      I did not get the impression that this was a Kuro Goshiki so that would mean that it will not get dark, or much darker. Do you know if it is a Kuro Goshiki? It looks to be more of a Kindai type Goshiki to me.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Whatís wrong with Koda for you ?
      Every dealer develops his own relationships in Japan. I started out with Hosokai, who's father, Shiochi Hosokai, was responsible for refining the Kuro Goshiki to what it is today. Hosokai introduced me to Kanno years ago and I find that I can't beat the quality, and value, of these two breeders so I don't go anywhere else. Last year I was fortunate enough to be able to get Hosokia's #1 Nisai Doitsu Goshiki. The Beni on that Goshiki glows from the inside. It was very inexpensive.

kdh is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      Yes, I was there.
      Yep. I was attached to your hip for the two days and you saved me a hundred bucks using that computer thingy for hotel room. I bought you dinner at the banquette where the usual discussion of politics and judging of the show was talked about. Had a great time.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Gotcha, Ive seen some great stuff come out of the Kanno farm.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Jim what farm is Marks Goshiki from? And just curious what do you think it is worth. And did you see mine that I bought at the Koda farm or at Mystic ?

Jim Smith is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I believe Marks fish was from Kanno. I saw your fish straight out of the mud pond and the day after it showed up at Mystic. I saw Marks fish at a Koi Show in Nigata. Price of fish or what the fish is worth is not for this Forum it's what ever someone is willing to pay.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Personally what do you think of mine Jim? I pick her up next week. I’m really excited and I love the body. I hope I Can grow her out the next couple years. I am building a 15k gallon pond, but [I] thought she looked unique for a Goshiki.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234