• Tired
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Progress pics, Goromo, Showa, and goshiki

Malugul is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      Hard/weak Beni does have indicators and part of that can be the color of Beni but, for most people, learning to recognizes indicators is easier. I put black lines that are pointing o some of them on your Goshiki. Areas of the Beni that are uneven, or it looks like it is going away, scales at the back of the Beni plate that stand out, or jagged edges on the Beni are some.
      Russ i dont currently see any weak beni spots on the updated goshiki pics. I know there is alot of glare but do u see any now?

Euryth is offline Senior Member
      is A Sansai with Grand Champion
      Ambitions!

Feeling:
      ----

Very interested to see this thread continued. Very informative!

inazuma28 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sorry about your showa. I liked the cert pic, seemed like a good fish. We ALL have beni fail at one point or another. And if its never happened to you, you're new to the hobby The bright side is the others look nice. With goshiki, as far as I have read, there is always a battle between the sumi and the beni. Luckily, when beni recedes, sumi fills in shortly after.

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Malugul View Post
      Russ i dont currently see any weak beni spots on the updated goshiki pics. I know there is alot of glare but do u see any now?
      Yes, I do see some areas. Some areas are uneven.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Between the shoulder area and near the tail? I didn't see this in person but the pics kinda show this is seems. Sometimes the camera doesn't lie?

Malugul is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Bummer I'm gonna spend some time tomorrow looking at (her)? Tomorrow see if I can train my eye to see it

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Seems if u buy a fish from the dealer they will back the fish more. I see quite a few tosai with beni fading sold lately and yet I'm sure the dealer says they are all great. Just like a car salesmen lol

Marilyn is offline Supporting Member ~ Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Seems if u buy a fish from the dealer they will back the fish more. I see quite a few tosai with beni fading sold lately and yet I'm sure the dealer says they are all great. Just like a car salesmen lol
      Well, I suppose it depends on the dealers you buy from IME. I purchased a lot of koi from Champion Koi, Majestic Koi and PSKoi. Every one of them was honest to a fault on potential and if they weren't sure, they said as much. There were fish I purchased that I was told were gambles but they left the decision to me and I was never pressured nor did any of them seek me out to hype a koi. That doesn't sound like car salesmen.
      I spent lots of time (and money ) on lots of koi but the education was invaluable. You can scour the Judge section for my old threads and I got a fair amount of criticism on a number of them. At some point you get to a point you depend on your instincts but it does take a while to train your eye.
      Still learning as I go but y'all can call me Marilyn

I'll say something when I feel I have something worth saying. I'm not a fan of flapping my lips just because they are there.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
      Well, I suppose it depends on the dealers you buy from IME. I purchased a lot of koi from Champion Koi, Majestic Koi and PSKoi. Every one of them was honest to a fault on potential and if they weren't sure, they said as much. There were fish I purchased that I was told were gambles but they left the decision to me and I was never pressured nor did any of them seek me out to hype a koi. That doesn't sound like car salesmen.
      I spent lots of time (and money ) on lots of koi but the education was invaluable. You can scour the Judge section for my old threads and I got a fair amount of criticism on a number of them. At some point you get to a point you depend on your instincts but it does take a while to train your eye.
      Got yah. I think my first step is getting a pair of glasses lol. I hardly passed my dmv test, so maybe step 1 to training my eye is glasses since my vision Isn't getting any better lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123