• Tired
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Progress pics, Goromo, Showa, and goshiki

Malugul is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Progress pics, Goromo, Showa, and goshiki

Here are the progress pics of the goromo approx 15in, Koda Goshiki, approx 10in and Sakai tancho showa approx 8 inch
      Attached Images Attached Images    

kevin32 is offline Supporting Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

those aren't the progress pics yet. these probably won't be posted until after the online koi show but more a learning experience for many. stay tuned

the goshiki is not a now koi but has improved and I think it will be even better next year.
      Last edited by kevin32; 12-23-2017 at 11:11 PM.

OCkoiFan is offline Supporting Member
      is Don’t let yesterday use
      up too much of today

Feeling:
      Cool

This group of koi may worth waiting so I will stick around
      M.Nguyen

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      those aren't the progress pics yet. these probably won't be posted until after the online koi show but more a learning experience for many. stay tuned

the goshiki is not a now koi but has improved and I think it will be even better next year.
      Ur right these are the pics the day i get them

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Malugul View Post
      Here are the progress pics of the goromo approx 15in, Koda Goshiki, approx 10in and Sakai tancho showa approx 8 inch
      Just for clarification this is not a Tancho Showa, it is a Maruten Showa.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      Just for clarification this is not a Tancho Showa, it is a Maruten Showa.
      Yes sorry. Any prediction how they turned out after a growing season?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yes sorry. Any prediction how they turned out after a growing season?

That is a tough one as they all shows signs of Beni issues. I am interested in seeing how they turned out.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

nobody wants to go out on a limb and predict where the goshiki might have headed? obviously sumi can come in more, but what about the beni?

delbert is online now Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I really like the before pics

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
      I really like the before pics
      me 2. I'm trying so hard to not post the new pics.

Orlando is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

nobody wants to go out on a limb and predict where the goshiki might have headed? obviously sumi can come in more, but what about the beni?
      Not shure if already posted but Goshiki breeder? That could help with opinions.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
      koda

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

koda
      Having an answer to work with I believe the beni will thicken as if a couple of layers of red have been applied and the kuro will darken somewhat with cooler water now on the Goromo am pretty shure of what am seeing is that the robbed will improve tremendously and in a good way I love the small sumi patch behind the head very nice koi to grow out.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Having an answer to work with I believe the beni will thicken as if a couple of layers of red have been applied and the kuro will darken somewhat with cooler water now on the Goromo am pretty shure of what am seeing is that the robbed will improve tremendously and in a good way I love the small sumi patch behind the head very nice koi to grow out.
      great assessment

wondering why after knowing it was koda you made the assessment. I have 4 tosai from koda this year and was just wondering if this is typical of his koi. my tancho goshiki has pretty messy sumi and not sure where it is headed. i will make another thread for it.
      Last edited by kevin32; 12-26-2017 at 11:44 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

great assessment

wondering why after knowing it was koda you made the assessment. I have 4 tosai from koda this year and was just wondering if this is typical of his koi. my tancho goshiki has pretty messy sumi and not sure where it is headed. i will make another thread for it.
      Once you understand how a particular breeders koi colors behave you can pretty much see in what direction the koi is headed and one final note you could start the thread on the maruten Goshiki Tancho only applies to Gosanke.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Once you understand how a particular breeders koi colors behave you can pretty much see in what direction the koi is headed and one final note you could start the thread on the maruten Goshiki Tancho only applies to Gosanke.
      thanks that actually helps Alot. I will mention to him to start a new thread of the maruten. just trying to learn more and hate spending money on koi that dont develop well.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

koda
      great assessment

thanks that actually helps Alot. I will mention to him to start a new thread of the maruten. just trying to learn more and hate spending money on koi that dont develop well.
      The breeder of the Goshiki was mentioned in the very first post. Knowing it was Koda I was actually reluctant to answer as the indicators on the Beni is that it is hard. It may get better for a year or so but it should start to fail before too long. I know someone that was sold the #2, was told it was an amazing fish, Nisai or Sansai (can't remember which) Goshiki from Koda and the Beni was very similar to this. It had all the same signs of hard Beni and I told him this from the start. It did get better 'looking' at first but all of the signs still remained and sure enough it fell apart within less than a year. Knowing the breeder of the Koi does not necessarily make a difference but knowing the signs of weak, and or, hard Beni does make a difference. How much or how soon this one will fail is yet to be seen but I think it will and, just because it may look better now, does not make it any better.

Yes, different breeders may have different tendencies but questionable Beni is just that.

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

The breeder of the Goshiki was mentioned in the very first post. Knowing it was Koda I was actually reluctant to answer as the indicators on the Beni is that it is hard. It may get better for a year or so but it should start to fail before too long. I know someone that was sold the #2, was told it was an amazing fish, Nisai or Sansai (can't remember which) Goshiki from Koda and the Beni was very similar to this. It had all the same signs of hard Beni and I told him this from the start. It did get better 'looking' at first but all of the signs still remained and sure enough it fell apart within less than a year. Knowing the breeder of the Koi does not necessarily make a difference but knowing the signs of weak, and or, hard Beni does make a difference. How much or how soon this one will fail is yet to be seen but I think it will and, just because it may look better now, does not make it any better.

Yes, different breeders may have different tendencies but questionable Beni is just that.
      agree it is hard beni and may fade. beni is such a bugger to figure out it seems. time will tell but perhaps this fish finished to soon?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I know it's hard to quantitate specific features. But any way you could describe how the beni is hard. It would help me learn alot

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I know it's hard to quantitate specific features. But any way you could describe how the beni is hard. It would help me learn alot
      Hard/weak Beni does have indicators and part of that can be the color of Beni but, for most people, learning to recognizes indicators is easier. I put black lines that are pointing o some of them on your Goshiki. Areas of the Beni that are uneven, or it looks like it is going away, scales at the back of the Beni plate that stand out, or jagged edges on the Beni are some.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast