• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RDF Users: What do you do with the water from the cleaning cyclces?

audioenvy is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      I mean that I waste it, I do not send it somewhere to be reused. It served it's purpose so I throw it away. I am not a tree hugger.
      Haha, thanks! That made me laugh. I'm not trying to reuse the water. I'm trying to find a way to get rid of it (either through evaporation, drainage, sinking into the soil, etc) so that it won't make a mess or smell. I like Kevin and enjoy the heck out of his posts but his photo is *precisely* what I'm trying to avoid!!

kevin32 is offline Senior Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by audioenvy View Post
      Haha, thanks! That made me laugh. I'm not trying to reuse the water. I'm trying to find a way to get rid of it (either through evaporation, drainage, sinking into the soil, etc) so that it won't make a mess or smell. I like Kevin and enjoy the heck out of his posts but his photo is *precisely* what I'm trying to avoid!!
      exactly why I posted what mine looks like. example of what most dont want lol

kevin32 is offline Senior Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Huysy View Post
      I've tried almost everything, but that smell is something that you cannot escape, especially when you don't have acres of land. I am at a point where this is the best option. Set it and forget it.
      well he had a huge hill he used to send it down. wish I lived on a hillside lol

Huysy is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Here is what I am currently doing. Waste goes to a sump. A sieve catches most of the solids. Sump pump with float pumps water to pop-up sprinklers.

The Good: Water is spread across the yard and dries fairly quickly. No wet spots.

The Bad: Because I don't want the sprinklers to clog, I have to filter the waste pretty well. I have to dump the solid waste once sometimes twice/week. Also, when the sprinklers are on, the backyard wreaks! I'm gonna drop a chlorine tablet in there, and see what happens.

Verdict: Works ok. It keeps my lawn green and lush...sometimes too lush. I hate dumping the solid waste.

Name:  IMG_6735.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  793.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6732.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  788.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6730.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  965.8 KB

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I am fortunate to live in the country so my solution is similar to Kevins but my waste line goes out into a wooded area so I don't notice the sludge pile. I have also never smelled anything but that may be because I don't ever need to stir it up.

mplskoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

My BE waste goes to a sump tank- about 20 gallons in capacity. Not only does my BE waste go there, but also my water change overflow too. Which is about 200 gallons per day. I have a sump pump on a float that triggers about once an hour for about a 5 minute pump out. Waste is pumped out thru a garden hose into my yard. I move the hose around on a daily basis. So I never have a lot of waste in one area. And I have never had an odor problem. And for the first time in years I have almost zero brown spots from the dogs! Yeah!

MCAsan is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Backwash goes to concrete filter pit floor which has a drain that connects to the storm sewer.

Billy is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tbullard View Post
      I am fortunate to live in the country so my solution is similar to Kevins but my waste line goes out into a wooded area so I don't notice the sludge pile. I have also never smelled anything but that may be because I don't ever need to stir it up.
      Same here!

Other Sites Sale prices are our everyday prices.
      Vice President Oregon Koi and Watergarden Society

ccna101 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

No picture but waste go to 5 gallons bucket to trap poop, overflow water inside a 55 gallons (cut in half) ... all the junk tie up to a rule 1800 pump that auto start every 3 minurtes and empty all water to garden hose ... we move the hose around to feed the fruit trees ... it a beauty of all..

I have not been touching any junk at all, an not looking forward to one

Now, if I can have the warm weather, I can brag about my fruit like my brother Mitch down South.

-d-

OCkoiFan is online now Senior Member
      is on a tosai winter mission

Feeling:
      Secret

Quote Originally Posted by ccna101 View Post
      No picture but waste go to 5 gallons bucket to trap poop, overflow water inside a 55 gallons (cut in half) ... all the junk tie up to a rule 1800 pump that auto start every 3 minurtes and empty all water to garden hose ... we move the hose around to feed the fruit trees ... it a beauty of all..

I have not been touching any junk at all, an not looking forward to one

Now, if I can have the warm weather, I can brag about my fruit like my brother Mitch down South.

-d-
      I'll forward to your pond's thread, bro Dong
      the KP family love lots of pictures
      M.Nguyen

DragonFireSG is offline Senior Member
      is fat and well fed.

Feeling:
      Geeky

Mine runs to a sump pit that is pumped to the sewer when it reaches a certain level. When I am feeling brave I take a bucket of sump water to fertilize the local greenery.

Oh the pong.

Pond,James_Pond is offline Senior Member
      is Let 'em eat Manda Foo!

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFireSG View Post
      Mine runs to a sump pit that is pumped to the sewer when it reaches a certain level. When I am feeling brave I take a bucket of sump water to fertilize the local greenery.

Oh the pong.
      That's perty close to my method with the sieve too, with one small difference. I scoop the algae blob/mat out of the sieve and drop it in the gravel. That way it drains and dries out causing very little rotting and odor. When I rinse the screen of finer particles and open the waste valve, that water goes to a sump barrel and gets pumped to a tree line.

steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12