• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: PSKoi - Build in Thorntown Indiana

Russell Peters is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      This morning, while I was having coffee, I got a text from Jim asking if I wanted some help stripping the forms. I got started around 10am, Jim showed up at 10:30am and by 1:30 pm the inner an outer forms were completely stripped. I started out by removing a long side on one of the tanks in a single section.
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 1 Week Ago at 07:15 PM.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      We stacked all of the outer forms along the edge of one of the tanks and put all of the inner forms inside the tanks. On Thursday the spray foam insulation is going on so I am thinking of not setting up the forms for the final pour until after that is done. I might not be able to hold out that long without starting the forms.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Needless to say, with all this hard work, Kiwi is very tired.

sactownkoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

wow Russ is really coming along nicely

Grumpy is offline Senior Member
      is Retired with SO much yet to
      learn

Feeling:
      Happy

Wow, 1500 gph from the well is huge. All these tanks can have as much water as needed. Congratulations.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
      Wow, 1500 gph from the well is huge. All these tanks can have as much water as needed. Congratulations.
      Thank you, I am very happy with the water situation.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by sactownkoi View Post
      wow Russ is really coming along nicely
      Hi Dennis, it is going well, but there are so many little things to do. The spray foam insulation goes on Thursday so I have been prepping for that. There are a few other things as well but I will post about them later.
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 2 Days Ago at 06:09 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      The idea, at this point, is to take off the front of this building, with the roll up doors, and attach a greenhouse structure like the one in the second picture.
      I have made a design change on the building. We are going to keep the construction contained within the original building as the space is large enough for my business for many years to come and I don't want to over build at this point. I can build more later if needed. Now that the addition is not going onto the front we had to come up with a way to contain the heat and let natural sunlight in. We got a bid to add storefront glass to the three roll up door openings. Since the large tanks are five feet behind the doors, are four feet tall and the equipment will be there I decided to build walls in front of two of the three openings. These openings are 12' tall by 18' wide so the upper 6' x 18' of two of the doors will be insulated glass. The third opening will be all glass with an entry door. Siding for the building was in the other pole barn so it matches. I just need to clean off the dirt. I am leaving the roll up doors in but will be able to open them to let sunlight in and close them when we are not there.

BWG is online now Senior Member
      is 999875421235621456478541.1

Feeling:
      Happy

Great idea.

Would triple wall greenhouse polycarbonate work?

delbert is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I can’t wait to come up and check out your koi .

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
      Great idea.

Would triple wall greenhouse polycarbonate work?
      I used it on Marylin's greenhouse in California and don't like it much. I want something more substantial and something that you could not cut your way through to get into the greenhouse. On one of the really cold days we were in a store and the outer wall was glass. It was -5 outside and, when I touched the glass it was not cold. When I went outside I froze. This sold me. Remember, I also need something that is going to be the entry into the building as well and the store front idea is perfect for that.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
      I can’t wait to come up and check out your koi .
      I am hoping to have Koi swimming in a couple of tanks by March. My Red Label RDF's have been split off of the main order going to Tom so I should see them in February. This was the biggest hurdle for my filtration set up. A container of Bakki media arrives from Japan on February 28th and, if the SS showers are here yet, I can do temporary showers.

kby103 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Did the insulation get sprayed yesterday?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kby103 View Post
      Did the insulation get sprayed yesterday?
      No, there is a problem, because of the concrete there is a lot of moisture in the greenhouse. When I am working in there I have the heat on so it condences on the ceiling. When the heat is off it freezes and they can not spray over that. We came up with a plan. They brought in a very large heater and we have had it up to 85 for a day. This has caused all of the snow on the roof to melt and a lot of the moisture to come out of the concrete. At this point there is very little moisture left so we are lowering the temperature and using a fan to dry it out. Tomorrow it will be 45 outside and they should be able to spray then. I will say that this company has gone way above and beyond to help me get this done. Many companies would probably have just walked away to wait for the weather to change.
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 1 Day Ago at 01:51 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

They just finished the spray foam. They sent two crews so they could get it done on a Saturday. It is very nice to have it done. They are cleaning up so I will take pictures later and post them tomorrow.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415