• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: PSKoi - Build in Thorntown Indiana

Russell Peters is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      The commute home tonight was quite nice...
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

delbert is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      The commute home tonight was quite nice...
      Looks just like Arkansas ... This morning

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

people vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better
      I have been busy but I have not been posting so I need to catch up. All of the rebar, in the four smaller tanks is done, and I installed the PEX tubing. The 2x6, down the center of the large tank, is where the center concrete wall will go that divides the tank into two smaller tanks. The 2x6, as you will see, is what will hold up the center wall.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I made up most of the frames for the inner forms.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Someone asked how I get the T-8's through the inner forms. It is a little bit difficult by yourself but, if planned out properly, it can be done. Since the inner form is shorter than the outer form it has to be supported while the T-8's are lined up. It starts with the bottom T-8's and, once the first row is through the holes, then the form can be tilted up for the second row and so on.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

A very important device is this hook which is used to guide the lower T-8's into place so they can be put into the corresponding holes. Without it this would be impossible.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

In these pictures you can see that the T-8's are through the forms and that the forms are being support by two pieces of 4" pipe that was cut to the proper length. You might also see one or two wedges that are holding the T-8's in place until I can get all the wedges in.

BroHay is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

My least favorite thing to do (concrete). I am learning from your build how to accomplish this task as a solo endeavor for the next phase.....

I know you mentioned an outside wood furnace (think so anyway), any idea what kind of heat will be generated for your closed loop system?

Adam

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

In this picture you can see all of the wedges are in place and, again, you can see the 4" pipe that is supporting the form.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

The next step is to be able to remove the 4" pipe and have the form be supported by the outer forms. To do this I use a pice of 2 x 4 over the corner of the outer forms to attach the end of the inner form to it. I also used that 2 x 6 to support the opposite end of the form. Notice that the two pieces of 4" pipe are no longer under the form.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Each additional form has to be adjusted so that everything is square and plumb. When I first put the second form in it did not sit perfectly on either side. There were gaps to the supports that had to be accounted for.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Once the adjustments were made the form was attached to the supports and the wedges were installed.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by BroHay View Post
      My least favorite thing to do (concrete). I am learning from your build how to accomplish this task as a solo endeavor for the next phase.....

I know you mentioned an outside wood furnace (think so anyway), any idea what kind of heat will be generated for your closed loop system?

Adam
      Hi Adam, the outdoor furnace, even with holes in the roof of the soon to be greenhouse, keep the ambient temperature 55 degrees right now. Once the new roof is on and the insulation is put in I am planning on keeping the ambient temperature 65 degrees. This is the air temperature inside the building. The PEX tubing, in the concrete, is going to be an entirely different system. each tank will have it's own 100,000 BTU gas heater that will be used to raise the temperature of the water as needed. I am hoping that the water will stay close to 65 degrees with the ambient temperature of the greenhouse but, if it does not, the individual heaters will be used.

BroHay is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

As in a conventional water heater?

I have not found the right key word combo that is specific to heating water for this type application.

Adam

:smack: probably something equivalent to a pool heater?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

As in a conventional water heater?

I have not found the right key word combo that is specific to heating water for this type application.

Adam

:smack: probably something equivalent to a pool heater?
      No, tankless water heaters, something like this.

https://gadgetsgo.com/Marey-10L-LP-L...er-heater.html

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I will probably get this one for each tank, it is over 100,000 BTU's

https://gadgetsgo.com/GA16L-efficien...-hotwater.html

BroHay is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Pool heater was just over $1000.00. If this does same application for a 1/3 of purchase, sign me up!

Does the unit have a general on/off only or do you add something to kick on/off at a desired temp?

Adam

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Pool heater was just over $1000.00. If this does same application for a 1/3 of purchase, sign me up!

Does the unit have a general on/off only or do you add something to kick on/off at a desired temp?

Adam
      I am not sure yet as I have not read the manual and I am assuming I will have to put a temperature probe in the water.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I did not work a full day today but I did get some things done. I got the inner walls up on one side of the double tank.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Once one half of the inner partition form was up I could install the rebar for the concrete wall that will divide the tank. I made sure to tie the rebar to the floor and to the sidewalls.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast