• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bent tail

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Well, you're doing the right thing but I must say, if you're trying to show the deformity/damage, these pics don't really do it. If you bought this from a rated reliable seller on EBay, I would contact EBay right away and send them the pics of the original fish purchased and the one you received with the damaged tail area. Tell them what's going on. This seller is blowing you off possibly because the original fish has an infection (along with probably many others in the same tank) and would be obvious to anyone that it was their fault. They're buying really cheap quality stock, probably from Blue Ridge or Blackwater Creek and trying to market them falsely as being something rare/exotic/special to jack the prices up to unsuspecting buyers new to the hobby. Keep at it until you get retribution.
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

I posted to the feedback thread so it probably won't get posted. To make a long story short, contact EBay as well. I seriously doubt this guy is a "trusted retailer" there.
      Mike

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

cindy is offline Administrator
      is Loving retirement

Feeling:
      Happy

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      If they sell koi for bait, I don't think they are on the trusted list. The picture above is a better picture of the bent tail.

If you paid by paypay, dispute it. https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestkoidire...p2047675.l2562

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC President
      ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is sorry otters exist

Feeling:
      Annoyed

I moved the posts on the Vendor Feedback forum to here... Lots of good advice but the Vendor forum
      is just for actual experiences with the particular vendor.
      --Steve

Koiphen 2021 Koi Person of the Year!

Mot23 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thank you everyone. I am going to contact Ebay and will also dispute this as Cindy suggested. I know these Koi aren't anything special, I am happy with mutt and pond grade koi, but to do something like this as a seller is low...

Koiman, I managed to take clearer photos of him here. From all angles, you can tell he got a crooked tail, but even more obvious when bends his body to turn.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by cindy View Post
      If they sell koi for bait, I don't think they are on the trusted list. The picture above is a better picture of the bent tail.

If you paid by paypay, dispute it. https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestkoidire...p2047675.l2562
      LOL! I;m not making fun of you Cindy as we all do typos, but this one just struck my funnybone when I saw it. Hell, I'm still ROFLMAO!!!

Yes, those pics are a bit better. The flash it a bit much bit you can still see the bent tail area. This is a genetic defect that this fish has had most likely since birth unless it got an electric shock at some point in it's life. Regardless, this was obvious when it was shipped.

Thanks for moving the posts Steve. I had clicked on the link he posted and totally forget where the heck I was when I posted.
      Mike

tbullard is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

If you paid with paypal file a claim and they will help communicate with the seller.

Mot23 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by tbullard View Post
      If you paid with paypal file a claim and they will help communicate with the seller.
      Thank you. I submit a refund request through Ebay. I am going to see if the seller response. If they don't then Ebay will step in. If somehow that doesn't get resolved, I will file a dispute through paypal.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

stevek is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Looks like the tail could be broken. Demand a refund !

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12